Downtown San Diego

wow, what a jerk.

if you guys can read exif, its a 8 megapixel 300$ camera. Probably very hazy, or the guy is just learning, I dont understand the need for the hostility...

Since your so concerned dia-blow-us why dont you tell him exactly what he can do to become a better photographer, what exactly can he do to FIX this from happening ?

I think you just volunteered to help.

Sorry about that, !!! lol

I cant believe how quick people are to insult someone or be rude cause they cant think twice about what they are saying and no regard for not being freaking rude.

But actually helping that person, thats something they have to get back to you about... lol

I actually have no idea myself how to fix the picture, but I dontknow that it needs to be fixed. Looks interesting in its own way. Composition is not bad at all.

Just looks like you were super super far away. one building is cut off in the middle, but besides that the color and haze adds to the picture in my opinion.

Keep shooting !!

I will be in San Diego next weekend. Probably not downtown though. I like to stick to Carlsbad and Oceanside :)

The picture is not bad Believe me I know bad pictures because I have taken a bunch of them in my fifty odd years of photography.
It is am extreme long distance picture.
As with any picture taken in an urban environment there is haze, maybe not noticeable to the naked eye but it shows up on film or what ever digital is using these days.
A haze filter would help, as would a polarizeing filter and a daylight correction filter to take the blueishness out of the haze. The blue is from shooting over a large expanse of water and represents the Sky, you know the blue thing that is above all of us even the jerks. Of more note is the long bridge that bisects the shot from left to right on the bias.
It would have been nice if that were a little more defined as it splits the picture without a reason and is hard to tell what it is.
The focus is good for a long shot like this, and I especially like the chop on the bay.
This is a difficult shot for an expert, and I dare say, no matter what we think of ourselves on here, few are really experts. If you think you can do better, make the shot and post it.
And don't slam 10.00 cameras, I have seen great pictures from brownies on film exposed in the 1940s and developed this year. It is not the camera. That's just a tool, it is the button pusher behind the lens that makes or breaks a picture. As I have heard many times it is a poor craftsman who blames the tools.
JMHO like it on not, I don't give a damn.
Judge Sharpe

I like the shot allot! It needs to be color balanced is all. You probably had the White balance on custom or set to something not good for a daylight shot.

But you can pull all those original colors back out - especially easy if you shot it in RAW. And trust me, that's actually a pretty darn good pic!

There's always rude people on sites... Usually they're just having a bad day or sometimes they're young and screaming out to be taken seriously or paid attention to. It's all good tho. I like everyone, even when they're rude and annoying. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back