Downtown Toronto (6 pics)

DanMarsden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first time posting any photos here (I haven't posted an intro yet, but I will do so soon, I had an account here before but for some reason I can't log in). Anyway, I was downtown (Toronto) today, and I took some photos with my rather lame digital camera (it's the only camera I have with me at the moment - long story short, my 1980 Olympics Canon is in another country, and I'll have access to it in June). So here are the pics. Any thoughts, comments, criticisms welcome. :D

Eaton Centre (mall)
PIC_0186_1_600.jpg

Outside the Eaton Centre
PIC_0160_1_600.jpg

Queen Street
PIC_0170_1_600.jpg

Streetcar
PIC_0173_1_600.jpg

Hot Dog Vender (I think this shot is too close-up, but that's just me)
PIC_0176_1_600.jpg

A building
PIC_0181_1_600.jpg

Welcome in!

Great shots of T.O.

Lame camera?, great eye! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments, all.

My favourite is the streetcar and #2. The streetcar photo was a very quick and unexpected one; I was planning on taking a shot of it while it was stationary, but the traffic light wasn't in my favour, so I had to make a quick adjustment in the direction that the camera was aimed at, and wait for the streetcar to pass by. I wasn't expecting it to be a good shot as my camera (BenQ DC2300) is not all that great when it comes to movement - it has blur issues, etc. In the end it all turned out well.

I will have to play with the exposure and white balance settings of my digicam. Some of the photos I took were simply not good quality in terms of colour, contrast, etc. because my camera is giving most photos a white (brightness issues?) layer or something...

Most reactions

Back