Downtown Toronto: C & C Please! :)

genital_apparatus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ventured downtown today, produced a lot of images, here are my favourites from today:

18_28_10_08_2_37_33.jpg

#1: I tried to capture the textured patterns of the nails. Thought that black and white might emphasize that.

18_28_10_08_2_34_12.jpg

#2: I wanted to imply motion while at the same time capturing the building. I wanted some sky too, but it was coming out overexposed.

18_28_10_08_2_31_29.jpg

#3: Curviness of the glass and granite is what I was going for. Sky between buildings in background was giving me problems with overexposure.

18_28_10_08_2_25_38.jpg

#4: Saw it as an opportunity to contrast copper, brown, and blue in one photograph.

I like #2 but it seems a tad underexposed. The others don't hold as much interest to me. Are you visiting Toronto? There are a lot of great places to photograph here. :)

#1 is sweet! Wonderful texture, well done! It's almost an abstract. I wouldn't have known what it was without you mentioning it.

It needs a levels adjustment though. And I would prefer a boost in contrast. Something like this:

18_28_10_08_2_37_33-edit.jpg

Good eye!
18_28_10_08_2_37_33-edit.jpg

Hey all, thanks for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.

MelodySoul, I was born in Toronto, lived here for 20-something years, now live and work in Edmonton, occasionally come here to visit family. Indeed, there are many things to photograph in and around this great city. :mrgreen:

^^^ And you happened to get 2 of the building where I now work, and 1 of where I used to work!

Where is the nail sculpture? I like how your shot turned out, showing the 'depth' differences of the various parts of it.

Love the nail one, and agree with the levels and contrast adjustment that was made above. I would also crop out the ceiling and floor to make it even more abstract.

Hey all, really appreciate the advice!

Antarctican, the nail sculpture is located at the front door of the City Hall's Rotunda, next to the restaurant. There's a security desk right there, and they don't allow the use of tripods, but I managed to shoot with one anyways.

^^^ Thanks, GA. I knew it looked familiar, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out where I'd seen it.

Funny, you got a picture of the building I was working in today too!

The temperature in the second picture seems a bit warm. I do not know if its because of the day or your settings. Either way, it can be fixed during post processing.

You have a good eye, ace work

Most reactions

Back