Downtown Wandering 56k no ...lots of pics.

JRob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are from downtown Knoxville Tennessee. All at ISO1600 because I am an idiot and forgot to set it back to 100 as always.
alley2kg7.jpg

alley3sh3.jpg

candid2vf4.jpg

buildingdt3.jpg

ethcny7.jpg

oldbzf1.jpg

streetwc4.jpg

street3xc5.jpg

tennesseect8.jpg

marketei1.jpg

You know i was out the other day and I did the same stupid thing with the ISO settings! Anyway good series, i like number 5 the best

Well, the high iso (or the light as such, too!) wreaked havoc with your skies in 1, 2 and 10, but you know that, too. Maybe exposing for the lighter parts to later bring back some light out of the shadow parts would have been the wiser move, since there always is more information in the underexposed bits of a photo but none in the blown parts. So for tone-mapping in PS, having the skies right (or at least "righter") and the shadow bits QUITE dark (at first, before PS) is easier.

My favourite of the entire series is 6, though high noise shows most clearly in that one. (Followed by 8 and 9). But the cloudy sky bare walls of the (in part abandoned?) buildings in that one allow for the grittiness which is even underlined by the noise, I think.

Most reactions

Back