Downtown

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i went out with a couple this afternoon and had a blast. We came across a lot of different things. I dont normally post so many pictures in one post, but Im looking for some honest C&C and wanted to see what you guys thought. :mrgreen:

They were looking for black and white, so that will be the majority that you see..

1)
christinaerik024.jpg

2)
christinaerik044-BW.jpg

3)
christinaerik065-BW.jpg

4)
christinaerik075-BW.jpg

5)
christinaerik087-BW.jpg

6)
christinaerik091.jpg

7)
christinaerik096-BW.jpg

8)
christinaerik099-BW.jpg

9)
christinaerik108.jpg

10)
christinaerik112-BW.jpg

11) i couldnt decide if i liked this one In BW or color better.
christinaerik112.jpg

12)
christinaerik118.jpg

13)
christinaerik121.jpg

My first impression is that they look more like friends instead of a couple. There doesn't feel like much interaction was going on between them - were they nervous at all?

Some of them look a little out of focus - maybe your shutter speed was a little too low in some? And #2 looks like it's been stretched.

I like your bw conversions because I love high contrast. Be careful when you have a subject wearing a white shirt though - you've lost quite a bit of detail in her shirt in some of those. Have you ever played around with making shadow/highlight adjustments in PS? I think that could help here.

I really like all of the locations you chose - very creative. I would just work on maybe getting them to interact more with each other next time.

Keep it up!

Thank you for the technical view. I will work on those.

as for the couple thing.. they are a couple thing without the title i think..

From what i got, this was a touchy situation. Maybe like wanting to have your hand in two different cookie jars and covering you butt at the same time... :)

so the holding hands was the best i could get. Kissing was out of the question :)

9 and 12 are by far my favorite.

1 and 10/11 are a little out of focus.

2 seems stretched

4 seems like a keeper for being framed.

Nice pictures :)

If you could adjust the levels in picture 5 to make it a little bit brighter, I think it'd be a very nice picture.

I'm still a newbie, but I must say 12 is outstanding! Although I would have had taken the picture as he was walking too. Notice how her heel is up as if she were walking into the street and he is just standing there looking up?

Other than that, that is a great shot!

What a great location! I love, love, love the mural in #12. I think the shot would have been better if you had gotten them walking toward the wall instead of standing there looking at it. I think it would have given it more depth and look like they were walking into the mural. I hope I conveyed that so it can be understood...sometimes I have thoughts rolling around in my head that I can't seem to articulate very well.
I do agree that some of them, especially #1, look OOF. #2 looks a little odd to me, too...it kinda looks like they were compressed.
I also agree about blowing out the whites a little. You can really tell this on her shirt in #9.

I agree with alot of that, something im trying to fix.

i wasnt really expecting the sun to be as bright as is it was that late in the afternoon. So its my fault :)

This is one of my first paying customers, so im just hoping they will be happy...

I see where the focus is off in those ones others mentioned. I love some of the comp - too bad you couldn't get them to kiss where the little boy painting is peeking. That would have been cute. :)

If you came across a lot of different things why are all the shots in front of a door or wall? I also think they are way too close to the background in all of them. The light seems flat.

Love & Bass

Can you post some of your EXIF data on some of them like 1, 5, and 11? That might give us a better idea of some critique to give :)

Love the mural though.

I really like the location of the shoot!:thumbup: My only input would be to use AV mode or Manual mode. I have exif viewer and the shots that came out blurry were do to you using portrait mode. The cam was setting the shutter speed way to slow for a hand held shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back