DPReview: Canon 1D Mark IV

Keep the thread friendly or I'll trash the whole thing. I have better things to do on my Sunday TPF reading than cleaning up continuous pot shots. :thumbdown:

Learn to use the Ignore list.

I'm converting random images from my shoot tonight, here's another one. This freaking camera rocks. Simply amazing...

795806478_V7EV2-X2.jpg

It's fun just sitting there shooting, I don't even like basketball. :) The guy pictured is a family friend, I told him I would shoot his game for him as I needed the practice.

That AF is HORRIBLE!!! Look at that bleacher back there completely out of focus I think you received a dud!:lmao:

Popular Photography gave a good review as well. Said D3s was cleaner from base ISO to 1600 (if I recall) then they gave the mkIV the edge from 3200-12800, then the edge went back to Nikon. They said it wasn't as fast as the d3s in low light however. I must say, I am not impressed with mine in low light TESTS. I said tests, because its not something I will see in my shooting situations, but it was nearly identicle to my 5DII in low light autofocus. I never shoot bats in caves, so I am not affected. LOL

Popular Photography gave a good review as well. Said D3s was cleaner from base ISO to 1600 (if I recall) then they gave the mkIV the edge from 3200-12800, then the edge went back to Nikon. They said it wasn't as fast as the d3s in low light however. I must say, I am not impressed with mine in low light TESTS. I said tests, because its not something I will see in my shooting situations, but it was nearly identicle to my 5DII in low light autofocus. I never shoot bats in caves, so I am not affected. LOL

Have you got it set up properly for low light, all the reports i have read say it is faster focusing than the D3s

I guess I dont understand how you can setup a camera to focus in low light other than giving it a fast max aperture lens to increase sensitivity of autofocus point and mounting a speedlite for the infrared beam.:meh:

Wait what happened to inTempus?
Did things in this thread get that bad? (I saw some of the fight Terri removed but it must have gone on beyond the weekend and been worse than what I saw)

I don't know, I didn't see any of it. Thankfully I was on days off. And when I am on days I am not on here much.

I didn't see anything. Must have gotten a bit crazy because the mods don't usually ban people too easily.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back