Dragar Method?

Neuner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did a search and surprisingly didn't find as much as I thought I would about this subject.

I'm curious about the method Drakar uses for his photos. I don't want to copy it exactly but just educate myself on this process. I think it would be neat to have a subtle hint of his technique on some of my personal portraits.

Thanks for the help,
Neuner

Check ATN Central for a Draganizer action, it's under Image Enhancements. I'm not a fan, but maybe you can make it work...

I looked at a bunch and they range from somewhat processed to not even close to the original.

Starts with good lighting though.

Sorry, yes I meant Dragan. A typo.

Thanks for the links. I will study them.

Yes I've heard of Dave Hill and he is alright. I grow tired of his images a lot more quickly.

Thanks for the help!
I'd have to agree with that. Dragan's pictures stayed interesting, while Hill's got boring very quickly.

Starts with good lighting though.

Do you think that involves a lot of light at very close angles to the face to really accentuate the wrinkles, shadows, and other flaws that he makes so prominent in so many of his portraits?

www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-create-a-andrzej-dragan-style-photo-in-photoshop-166860/ this should be helpful to you

I think that KS is right. Looks Old School to me.

Did you notice that there is a strip light along with a main to one side and soft fill that's a couple of stops under that from the front on a lot of them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back