dragonfly, mushroom, bottle

earthmanbuck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a couple shots I liked from a camping trip—not sure if these technically count as "macro", so please feel free to move the thread if there's somewhere better for it.

All comments and critiques appreciated!

IMGP1979.jpg
IMGP2040.jpg
IMGP1792.jpg

Really nice set! Those emerald eyes really grab your attention.
Thanks! I'd never seen eyes like that on a dragonfly, and I grew up in an area with a lot of 'em. The colours on both the dragonfly and mushroom pic are unedited, if you can believe it.

That is a really cool mushroom and would love to come across one to photograph. Maybe next time get further down to the ground at the same level as the mushroom.

Really like the mushroom. Gorgeous colors. Is the dragon missing a wing?

It does look like he's missing a wing but if you blow it up you can see it is just hidden by the front wing. I noticed that Dragonflies can independently move each wing forward or back.

That is a really cool mushroom and would love to come across one to photograph. Maybe next time get further down to the ground at the same level as the mushroom.
I got right on the ground for one shot with a 35mm camera, but it had just rained and the ground was pretty gross. I was lying on an old shirt for that shot, but put it back in my backpack before deciding to take this "safety" shot with my DSLR, and didn't feel like pulling it out again. Plus my girlfriend wanted to keep moving, as we were only about halfway through our hike. It'll be neat to see if that first shot turns out.

I got right on the ground for one shot with a 35mm camera, but it had just rained and the ground was pretty gross. I was lying on an old shirt for that shot, but put it back in my backpack before deciding to take this "safety" shot with my DSLR, and didn't feel like pulling it out again. Plus my girlfriend wanted to keep moving, as we were only about halfway through our hike. It'll be neat to see if that first shot turns out.

Nonetheless it's a good shot. Just too bad there was no caterpillar sitting on top smoking a hookah. :)

Another vote for the shroom!!!! That's awesome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back