Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A variety of dragonflys and damselflys.

77355666-L.jpg

77358203-L.jpg

81709759-L.jpg

81723268-O.jpg

77357389-O.jpg

Hmmm. I am looking for a word to describe these but too many come up. They all have great colors and are incredibly sharp. These are all amazing.

Just out of curiosity how much post production do you do on your photos. they are always very good. My favorites were the "rustic" portraits of the cowboys

Very nice indeed. Did I read in an earlier post that you took these close up with macro? How do you get them to hold still. The best I've been able to do with insects is to use a telephoto and hope for the best.

Thanks you two.

Shakka, I do very little post work to my macro stuff. The working distance is so close, and I'm using flash, so they usually require some wb adjustments. The rest is just normal levels and contrast. It usually takes me less than 5 minutes to edit any macro. My other work just depends. The cowboy portraits you mentioned took a bit of work. The lighting had to be pretty accurate to start with. But each shot took about 20 minutes of editing with an action called Draganizer.

birdstrike, it just takes tons of patience!!! I shoot most of them with a Sigma 150mm macro and sometimes a 1.4 TC. That lets me stay a few inches away. You just have to be patient. Sometimes I watch the bug for a few seconds to see what it's pattern is...or how active it is. I've had my lens as close as 1 inch away from a bug before. But other times, I can't get within 5 feet.

I generally get pretty dirty :) When I go out to shoot macros, that's all I shoot. I spend a lot of time crawling around on my belly...literally! There's nothing wrong with a telephoto, but you'll just never get that super close up. I have some shots of jumping spiders that are only a couple of millimeters. Normally on hoses or sprinkler heads, and they are tiny compared to what they're sitting on.

yea great macros woody.... all vibrant and well detailed.... good work :thumbup:

I do not have the patience for macro and appreciate great works in the medium and these are wonderful. The blues being my favorites.

Woodsac these are gorgeous.. Im very fond of Blue *Favorite color here* So 3 and 6 are my favorite here.. However, all are crisp, hold great color and texture.. wonderful photographs!

O One more question.. HOW close to you actually get to the little critters themselves?

Most reactions

Back