Dreaded Self Portrait Session....

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I bought a fancy new website back in June and STILL haven't gotten it up as I've been so busy and just haven't had the time to make it how I want it. But, I'm getting there;)
Anyway, I wanted to put up a new picture for my about me page so I had my sister (who I am trying to train as my assistant) come with me and do the shots so I could critique her and help her with the basics. So, I hope I don't get in trouble for posting these since she technically took the shots...but I did all of the PP)

I am probably going to use this one since I am smiling in it and look more friendly and nice:)
April2softlight.jpg

But I'm wondering what you guys think of maybe using this one? I like that I'm laughing and there's motion in it, but it's kind of blurry so I'm afraid clients will think we don't know how to take a good shot!
April4BWwgrainwvignette.jpg

And, I only post this one because it's my favorite. But, I probably won't use it on my About Me page since I look kind of serious and I want my clients to think I'm fun and happy (Because I usually am!:D) It also has a weird composition...my sis is still learning;)
April3softlightBWwvignette.jpg

I'm pretty much decided on the first, but I like second opinions....

You look the best in the first one. Also, the second one doesn't look like a laugh to me...I dono...but it just looks kind of unnatural.

I would go with #1 because it gives the impression that you want to sit down with the client and talk with them. Its a nice smile, but I think your eyes need to smile as well, if that makes any sense. ;)

I agree. The 1st shot is the best from a business perspective. It shows that you are client oriented.

In my opinion, though, the 2nd shot is the best as a photo (to bad for the small blur though). The pose is just amazing!

You are lovely, first of all and you have a very nice smile! I like number one the best for your site. ;)

second one is a bit grainy but definately the best!

Thank you for your input everyone!

Sideburns: The second one probably looks kind of weird because I was just jumping around and doing a maniacal laugh because I wasn't sure what else to do and I thought I would loosen up more if I did. It also was making my sister laugh so I went with it. But, I have seen a lot of pictures of me and I just have really big cheeks and a big ol' smile so it's probably just the way I look :lol:

NJMAN: Thank you for your suggestion. I think I will go back in and do some more work on the eyes before I put it up.

Kathi: You are so sweet. Thank you:)

Personally, I like the third one :)

third one for me.....you look like you are thinking and pondering your next great shot!

Third one for me, too. = )

I'm on the fence. I love them all, but I have to go with #1 for About Me page. I like the seriousness of it. If #2 wasnt so blurry, I'd love it more because its a natural fun look- which is what I like.

I went back and took a second look, and I definitely think I would rather do business with the person in shot 3 than in the other two... a much more serious, sober and appraising look about the face on that one.

I think the first shot is very professional looking but at the same time, very boring. It seems everyone has that same shot. For that reason, my favorite is #2. You look like you would be fun to work and the fact that it is slightly blurry doesn't bother me at all. But then again, I've never been a big fan of the "sit-n-pose" shot. Not sure if that was any help whatsoever - just putting my opinion out there.

By the way, you are very beautiful!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back