Dream come true

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Jus7 A Phas3, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So there is a skate shop opening in my town, it opens in july and its the only one in town. I sent them a letter telling them about myself and how I would like to work for them and how I am a photograhper, I saw that there door was open yesterday walked in and said i was looking for a job I told them my name was michael and they asked me last name after I told them mcclurg they told me they got my letter and asked me bring some of my photos by tommrow. I went by and they asked me about the local skate scene and asked me if i wanted to take pictures for them, I was blown away, they were talking about having me take pictures for them and work and have my pictures go up on the walls of their shop. They asked me if i was taking any photography classes and I told them that I was looking into taking online classes at the academy of arts in SF but I said at 500 bucks it was to much money and they said they were will to pay for my classes! Crazy stuff its unbeliveable that this is happening to me.

2. craig

craig TPF Noob!

That is the way to get noticed. Determination is the key. I trust things will work out. If by some small chance that they do not; remember to always stay motivated and keep contacting people.

Love & Bass

3. schumionbike

schumionbike TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    wow, that's an incredible story, thanks for sharing. Congratz!!!

4. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, they are supposed to call me today and they are going to discuse how much they are going to pay me:]

5. scoutwes

scoutwes TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    congrats keep us posted on how things go!! What classes are you going to take again? I'm wanting to take some online photography classes as well but have been unable to find anything. Mind sharing the details?

6. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well i was thinking about taking some at the academy of arts in SF its like $530 and you can take up to 5 classes, they also have them in the spring and fall too. Those are cheaper im pretty sure but with high school I cant do those

7. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    So their talking about paying me 11 bucks an hour, Im not sure if thats employment plus photography combined already or just employment, hopefully its just employment:] but im syked on this.