Dream Interpretation

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so this was really friggin weird dream. I woke up really vexed. I guess you could call it a nightmare, only I wasn't really to scared myself, just really screwed up over what I had just witnessed.

Basically the dream was of my Dad killing someone. Which is very far fetched. Infact my Dad is a very sweet man, and even when he gets angry he's never lost control. And believe me, i've made him REALLY angry.

Anyway, in the dream, he basically got really pissed at this guy who just wouldn't leave him alone. My Dad asked several times for this guy to piss off, and he wouldn't. I even told the guy to leave and stop bothering my Dad, and finally my Dad hit him in the head with a guitar(I have no idea why it was a guitar). The guy fell to the ground and my Dad started crying and I woke up.

Seriously, I can only assume that witnessing a death would be hard enough by itself. But witnessing your own father, who you love very much? Who's side are you on? Bah....so frigging weird.

And even now i'm still all weirded out by it.

I was watching Matrix at the time and passing out from a night of drinking. So I can only assume those two things heavily influenced the absurdity of the subject matter. But still...

Do you think this guy harrassing you dad is actually you and getting hit over the head is a sign of your dads frustration resulting in him doing something he really doesn't want to do? (Or something you really wouldn't want him to do?)

[/serious]

Pfft? Iono?

bace said:
Basically the dream was of my Dad killing someone. Which is very far fetched. Infact my Dad is a very sweet man, and even when he gets angry he's never lost control. And believe me, i've made him REALLY angry.

Anyway, in the dream, he basically got really pissed at this guy who just wouldn't leave him alone. My Dad asked several times for this guy to piss off, and he wouldn't. I even told the guy to leave and stop bothering my Dad, and finally my Dad hit him in the head with a guitar(I have no idea why it was a guitar). The guy fell to the ground and my Dad started crying and I woke up.

Seriously, I can only assume that witnessing a death would be hard enough by itself. But witnessing your own father, who you love very much? Who's side are you on? Bah....so frigging weird.

I can start the interpretation now but I need one or two questions answers. Where were you? Inside, outside, what room if inside, what type of building if inside? What else did you see? Who, what, was the killed? Details!!!

Your father killing someone is not his aggression of killing someone. The representation of a killing is actually the person overcoming an obstacle, fear, or hindrance in their life. If it were you killing, you could place it a bit more easily. However, your father could actually be a part of you that you see mimics your father. It could be how you act in public or with friends. OR it could actually be something your father is trying to work through.

The use of a weapon is normally sexual in context. Did you see blood? Using a guitar as a weapon could represent a non-standard way of over-coming this obstacle or fear.

Hmmm... Death can often mean a transition. The guitar could mean something creative. This is a dream so your Dad crying would be how you think he feels.

One possible interpretation: Your Dad has been tied down/frustrated in his job for years and has finally decided to make the leap and work for himself. This in itself could be seen as creative but if he's gone on the road with a rock band, even more so. :D You think he regrets his decision.

Or maybe not. :lol:

Actually the guy that he killed was this guy at my work. This guy is actually pretty shady, and I have some trust issues with him. Nice guy, took me out drinking and then told me he was pretty rich at one point, but gave everthing up to move to Canada to be with his sick son. He basically told me he wanted to quit my job and go to India and take care of his business.

I said no.

The dream all took place outside. On some steps infront of a faceless building. There may have been some blood, but not much and I might have just been shadow....I woke up quickly. I did catch him seizuring when he hit the ground. Freaky thing to see.

Starting to make more sense now. I think your father is a part of you that is taking action over what this guy represents to you. Being outside indicates this is an outside influence to you (if you were in the building it would be in your mind). Stairs, steps represent the transition between your upper subconscious, and the lower, spiritual being. I am a bit unsure of the use of the guitar, it could be as Marctwo says; that it represents your creativity and you are beating down the "sensible" path of making money to support a family in the future. You are still having a hard time realizing that you can be creative in your job and make enough money to support yourself and a possible family.

Well then. That pretty much sums it up.

Thanks.

What does it mean when you have lots of sex with Madonna? That was a great dream.

:lol: You just take it like that? As if it's a science.

There are many things a dream could mean, it could mean that you had a dream about your father killing someone that has nothnig to do with anythnig. Not all dreams means something. I had a dream before where I walked to college and then sat down in a lesson. What did that mean, probably that thats what i was going o do tommorow (which it was).

I had a dream last night (first in a long time; I rarely dream) where there was a fire in my house, my family got out easily and safely the fire died down quickly without the aid of firemen and we went inside miraculously stuff was only slightly singed and there was a cat that ahd survived behind a curtain. That could mean a hell of alot of things.

I don't think people can truly decided what someones dream means. Even after a full psychiatric analysis and a full histroy of the person. Let alone over the internet.

I wouldn't be satisfied with one interpretation if i was really interested in the maening of a dream. I'd try to get as many as possible. If all you're doing is taking on this explanation to give meaning to the distrubing image then that could abe a bad thnig, seek other opinions as well.

Feel free to not listen to that or take the advice or whateever you choose, just my thoughts.

Look, I take dream interpretation as seriously as a fart in the wind, but it's still interesting to see all the different symbolisms that have been presented. Like come on man? What do you take me for? A woman?

bace said:
Look, I take dream interpretation as seriously as a fart in the wind, but it's still interesting to see all the different symbolisms that have been presented. Like come on man? What do you take me for? A woman?
You should be so lucky. :mrgreen:

:pig:

Probably you were a hideous teenager to your swell old man, but maybe it's gotten better lately, and YOU were actually the guy in the dream your exasperated father was beating to death. You subconciously used a creepy schmuck you don't like to symbolize your former self. Maybe your dad was killing the old, evil Bace who never gave him a moment's peace, while the newer, improved Bace watched and yelled at his former self to leave him alone. And the guitar is a symbol of the raves and partying that went on that no doubt contributed to the old man's anguish over his son, so he took it and beat the crap out of him with him. Even though he had to cry when the deed was done, he knew the bastard Bace had to be destroyed. :twisted:

I like that one. :sillysmi:

What the??

Sounds like you were my father. Jeez.

If anything, my Dad was the crazy one. Although, now that I don't live at home we do get along a lot better. He actually told me he missed me on thanksgiving.

How sweet. And I wasn't a raving party animal...for long.

i like terri's idea......but...

it could be your kinda weirded out with the guy at work, and want your dad to beat him up.....
i'm letting the woman comment pass...cause if i let it, it would p*ss me off....
(then you would be dreaming worse stuff.....for night after night......) :fangs:

aprilraven said:
i like terri's idea......but...

it could be your kinda weirded out with the guy at work, and want your dad to beat him up.....
i'm letting the woman comment pass...cause if i let it, it would p*ss me off....
(then you would be dreaming worse stuff.....for night after night......) :fangs:

If you let anything I say piss you off you've got issues. I don't say these things because I ACTUALLY believe them, I say them because it's funny.

Now quit being a woman about it.

Oh April, this is why we have this smilie: :pig:

You can't take Bace seriously, it would only disapppoint him. :lol: Plus, we wouldn't have any fun!

My version of the dream is the most fun. I'm sticking with it. Quit being a boy about it. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back