Dream Interpretation

I always lucid dream. Well, the ones I remember. They usually start by me waking up in my dream and I automatically say, "hey, I must be dreaming". The last one I had (quite vivid) I remember looking all over my house for a bathroom because I had to go really bad. But everytime I found one I realized if I went I would mess up my couch (I tend to sleep on the couch). Then I went outside (in the dream) looking for a safe place to go, and met a boy. I asked; "is this your dream?" he said no.

But for the most part I can control aspects of my dream, like where I want to be, I just think and I'm there. But the main "message" or topic of the dream is always out of my control.

That's a great level of dreaming because you can set the scene but your sub-concious mind still has chance to go over the things that it needs to without you constantly saying "OK, now I want to be mega rich and have loads of sex slaves". :lol:

Dream interpretation has been around for centuries. Some claim you can only accurately interpret a dream if you have divine revelation. Some say its all junk and others see varying shades. I think general run of the mill dreams are pretty much left over baggage from our lives and our subconscious is trying to make sense of it. Some dreams are more important than others and we usually have a gut feeling that those are important vs just waking up and going "hm, that was odd". Then there are divine dreams which is a whole other arguement.

Anyway, according to the dream dictionary I have (for run of the mill - leftover baggage dreams) a building almost "always refers to yourself, depicting your body and attributes of personality". Considering that, your statement of

bace said:
The dream all took place outside. On some steps infront of a faceless building.[\QUOTE]
That would suggest that you haven't figured out who you are yet. You have many issues to resolve. The front of the building suggests your "persona, facade, social self, face". You don't know where your place is in relation to others. The stairs probably represent "facing a challenge".
bace said:
Basically the dream was of my Dad killing someone. Which is very far fetched. Infact my Dad is a very sweet man, and even when he gets angry he's never lost control. And believe me, i've made him REALLY angry.

Anyway, in the dream, he basically got really pissed at this guy who just wouldn't leave him alone. My Dad asked several times for this guy to piss off, and he wouldn't. I even told the guy to leave and stop bothering my Dad, and finally my Dad hit him in the head with a guitar(I have no idea why it was a guitar). The guy fell to the ground and my Dad started crying and I woke up.[\QUOTE]
Oy! Do you ever have issues!
Negative father images can represent "introverted aggression, dominance by fear of other people's authority" or other things but judging by the context I think it would be fear of the guy at work and your internalization of the conflict. Also possibly the childhood believe that your Dad can protect you from anything. The killing thing could go back to the internalization of your anger again. And the guitar...umm, well, musical instruments (according to the dream dictionary) usually have to do with...well, ahem, sexual stuff. In this case, using the guitar as a murder weapon combined with the father imagery probably has something to do with you wanting to see yourself as as much of a man as your dad is in your eyes. The whole, am I a man or still a kid thing. Crying is a "release of sorrow, grief, misery". In other words, once the jerk from work was gone - so was that worry.

Ok, enough of that psycho-babble.:lol:

Check it, Paul. After reading Liz's interpretation from an actual book, my off the cuff scenario seems pretty damn benign now, doesn't it? :goodvibe:

Hmm. Pretty interesting stuff. Especially the faceless building thing. Who really knows who they are though? My Dad and I have always had beef with each other. I think being a man to my Dad is a huge issue. He's always been pretty persistant in telling me how un grown up I am. I was hoping that living by myself for a year and a half might make the difference, but I still think he thinks I'm irrisponsible. Which I am.
Jesus. I don't even know you people. That's enough out of me!!

Damn terri. You just ripped off my version and sensationalized it! :soapbox:

PlasticSpanner said:
Do you think this guy harrassing you dad is actually you and getting hit over the head is a sign of your dads frustration resulting in him doing something he really doesn't want to do? (Or something you really wouldn't want him to do?)

[/serious]

terri said:
Probably you were a hideous teenager to your swell old man, but maybe it's gotten better lately, and YOU were actually the guy in the dream your exasperated father was beating to death. You subconciously used a creepy schmuck you don't like to symbolize your former self. Maybe your dad was killing the old, evil Bace who never gave him a moment's peace, while the newer, improved Bace watched and yelled at his former self to leave him alone. And the guitar is a symbol of the raves and partying that went on that no doubt contributed to the old man's anguish over his son, so he took it and beat the crap out of him with him. Even though he had to cry when the deed was done, he knew the bastard Bace had to be destroyed. :twisted:

I like that one. :sillysmi:

Do you wanna go back in the Photoshop Penn? :fangs:

:sexywink:

I want to know if people who are blind from birth can see in there dreams? does anybody know this?

I think I read somewhere that they don't see things like we do in their dreams. But they 'see' things like they do in everyday life when they're awake. So they can 'imagine' the shape of something but can't put colour or textured shape to it.

What is this lucid dreaming thing? I've only heard of it in that movie Vanilla Sky and that was weird. I've never been able to 'control' a dream. So you mean you can actually say, I want to fly over Paris now, and then go diving in antarctica, and you'll do it? That's so weird.

How's it done?

I was once trying my hand at self-hypnosis through visualisation and I suddenly fell into a dream-like state with very vivid imagery - extremely 'real' stuff! Of course, it scared the living $hit out of me but I didn't actually scream; It was more like an involuntary muscle spasm around my vocal chords. :lol:

Anyway, after working on it for a while I was able to control it and ended up using this technique to fall a sleep at night. That's about when I started becomming aware in my dreams and having learned to control my imagery in meditation, it was only a small step to do the same in my dreams.

Yes, it's great! You suddenly find you can do what you like, where you like and with whomever you like. ;)

The trouble is that your underlying character is revealed and even defined within your dreams (just my opinion) so once you start ignoring your social and moral discipline in your dreams, it isn't long before this is reflected in your real life behaviour (esp. when you've had a drink or two ;)).

More on my interpretation.

When weapons are seen in a dream that draw blood this represents a trust issue. There is the possibility that you are drawing on your father’s sensibility to eliminate any trust you have with this man asking you to quit your job and move to India.

A building always, always, always represents our mind. Each room has a specific meaning too but this is not a topic for your dream. Since you are outside of the building these are factors that are not of your control or you view them as uncontrollable and do not necessarily affect yourself. Stairs are the transition between conscience and subconscious, emotions, or a situation. Rocks, boulders, etc are obstacles that keep you from your destination down a path in life.

But enough of my babble.

Meysha said:
What is this lucid dreaming thing? I've only heard of it in that movie Vanilla Sky and that was weird. I've never been able to 'control' a dream. So you mean you can actually say, I want to fly over Paris now, and then go diving in antarctica, and you'll do it? That's so weird.

How's it done?

http://www.dreamviews.com/whatislucid.php <-- Maybe not your most scientific site...

"...lucid dreaming is simply dreaming while being aware you are dreaming. You can think of lucid dreaming as being conscious while dreaming. If, by chance, during a dream it suddenly dawns on you that you are dreaming, then you have experienced a lucid dream, regardless of whether you have been able to attain control of your dream"

If you can, in a dream, go to other places where you have never been and actually see real places this is a type of "remote viewing". Some say it's real some say it's heuwey!

PlasticSpanner said:
Damn terri. You just ripped off my version and sensationalized it! :soapbox:

Do you wanna go back in the Photoshop Penn? :fangs:

:sexywink:
bahahaha!!!! Sorry to confess it here, chum, but I didn't read your version. I just read the dream and popped off to Bace, as I'm wont to do.

So, back atcha: :sexywink:

:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back