Dream Interpretation

Marctwo said:
I was once trying my hand at self-hypnosis through visualisation and I suddenly fell into a dream-like state with very vivid imagery - extremely 'real' stuff! Of course, it scared the living $hit out of me but I didn't actually scream; It was more like an involuntary muscle spasm around my vocal chords. :lol:

Anyway, after working on it for a while I was able to control it and ended up using this technique to fall a sleep at night. That's about when I started becomming aware in my dreams and having learned to control my imagery in meditation, it was only a small step to do the same in my dreams.

Yes, it's great! You suddenly find you can do what you like, where you like and with whomever you like. ;)

The trouble is that your underlying character is revealed and even defined within your dreams (just my opinion) so once you start ignoring your social and moral discipline in your dreams, it isn't long before this is reflected in your real life behaviour (esp. when you've had a drink or two ;)).
Have you meditated a lot? It sounds as if you're saying your experience with meditation helped enable you to do this.

It sounds cool to me. :thumbup: I have the worst time meditating, though. My brain won't shut down, or something. I'd like to learn how to do it better.

I can help meditate. But it doesn't work on a forum.

They way I do it is to imagine a beach and I'm on the beach. The beach represents myself.

Then I bring in the waves, slowly washing up and going out - Attempting to control my breathing.

then the blue sky - the universe

the sun - my mind's eye

a white cloud - my upper consciousness.

and staircase leading to the cloud - rising to the answers

on the cloud a golden door.

through the door are the answers to the questions, my past lives, anything I want.

tmpadmin said:
I can help meditate. But it doesn't work on a forum.

They way I do it is to imagine a beach and I'm on the beach. The beach represents myself.

Then I bring in the waves, slowly washing up and going out - Attempting to control my breathing.

then the blue sky - the universe

the sun - my mind's eye

a white cloud - my upper consciousness.

and staircase leading to the cloud - rising to the answers

on the cloud a golden door.

through the door are the answers to the questions, my past lives, anything I want.
mmmm, that sounds like a good approach. I've been told a lot of different ways, from keeping my eyes closed and chanting a mantra, to keeping my eyes open and staring at a candle with a meditation stone.

I can't seem to get into the zone, though. My brain won't shut up. Or the O-dog starts barking. :lol:

Admittedly, it's been a while since I tried. :)

yet another way that i have learned...

close your eyes and imagine a flame. the flame is slowly taking all the darkness around it in, and it keeps going and going until its pitchblack and silent except for the flame. and its barely burning.think of nothing but the flame, and that usually gets me to a clear point.

terri said:
mmmm, that sounds like a good approach. I've been told a lot of different ways, from keeping my eyes closed and chanting a mantra, to keeping my eyes open and staring at a candle with a meditation stone.

I can't seem to get into the zone, though. My brain won't shut up. Or the O-dog starts barking. :lol:

Admittedly, it's been a while since I tried. :)

Sounds like Eastern ways of meditation. Focus on one object (candle) and there lies your answer after blocking out the world around. I used to do that many years ago. It is still good but I find that actually working to get your answers works better. Waiting on the beach, building the stairs to the cloud and opening the door. Plus you have the vision to focus on, remove the normal background chatter in your mind. But it takes about 1 hour. Don't rush. You may as you end feel your body pulsating? This is good.

tmpadmin said:
Sounds like Eastern ways of meditation. Focus on one object (candle) and there lies your answer after blocking out the world around. I used to do that many years ago. It is still good but I find that actually working to get your answers works better. Waiting on the beach, building the stairs to the cloud and opening the door. Plus you have the vision to focus on, remove the normal background chatter in your mind. But it takes about 1 hour. Don't rush. You may as you end feel your body pulsating? This is good.
I really want to try it again, with a different approach. :thumbup: This sounds as good as anything else that's been suggested to me. :) I may just disappear into the darkroom; no one bugs me in there. :lol:

Yes, zero distractions. Remember if you have a question that you need answers for consentrate on that question, on the beach, as you buid and climb the stairs, then as you open the door ask to see the answers. I've had faces, cityscapes, wilderness, voices, a song and more. Past life regression is intense! (for those who believe). But I wouldn't do that just yet.

tmpadmin said:
Yes, zero distractions. Remember if you have a question that you need answers for consentrate on that question, on the beach, as you buid and climb the stairs, then as you open the door ask to see the answers. I've had faces, cityscapes, wilderness, voices, a song and more. Past life regression is intense! (for those who believe). But I wouldn't do that just yet.
Agreed. I've been told to first develop the ability to shut my mind off to distractions and just reach an inner point of complete concentration and relaxation, and ride it like a wave for a little while. After doing that successfully a few times is when to start with questions, focusing on images, etc. Does this sound right?

tmpadmin said:
More on my interpretation.

When weapons are seen in a dream that draw blood this represents a trust issue. There is the possibility that you are drawing on your father’s sensibility to eliminate any trust you have with this man asking you to quit your job and move to India.

A building always, always, always represents our mind. Each room has a specific meaning too but this is not a topic for your dream. Since you are outside of the building these are factors that are not of your control or you view them as uncontrollable and do not necessarily affect yourself. Stairs are the transition between conscience and subconscious, emotions, or a situation. Rocks, boulders, etc are obstacles that keep you from your destination down a path in life.

But enough of my babble.

that's strange, my dreams are ALWAYS very detailed (at least the ones i remember), as detailed as real life, i could re-draw buildings, interior of buildings, and areas of my dreams (even ones i remember from childhood) with great detail, ie: one dream the side of a building had plank wood, painted red, with exposed nails, light reflecting in a realistic pattern from a streetlight next to the building, including spiderwebs on the streetlight, which was a metal freestanding pole... the door had no window, but it was dark wood (the kind they used to use all the time in the 70's), the interior was poorly lit, consisted of one large room and a kitchen, the large room only had an incandescant light on in the middle, shining down on a wood/metal table with chairs around it, the walls were covered in that cheap wood paneling, no paint, windows at the far end of the room that spanned the wall, studs in between holding up the wall (meaning the windows were big glass sheets). The kitchen opened directly with no doors into the main room, you had a stove, cabinets, two counters, some old dusty objects (like chairs, shovels, and a hedgetrimmer), a refridgerator, the kitchen only had one window, also near the far end, also a large glass sheet.

even that weird one of the nuclear blast with burning people standing around, i could see their bodies, only shapes, you could see their skulls, but the brightness of the burn was so high you couldn't make anything out, also the other people were black, all black silhouettes, no detail, but they were pretty far away... the park consisted of large oak trees surrounding an open area of grass, this open area had concrete pathways moving in a cirlce around the open area (Like a normal park), in the distance was the nuclear mushroom cloud... where i was blown out of, was in the fashion of an old 19th century style office, not on ground level, the windows consisted of smaller window panes (traditional) forming an arch at the top, the interior was dark wood, a desk in the traditional 19th century style of a rich aristocrat, bookshelves filled with books, old antiques on the walls, chairs and whatnot... i believe i was talking to somebody, got up and when i got up and looked at the window, everything blew up, you could make out the glass shattering and a bright yellow-orange mass of material blasting through the room and outside in a split second (next thing i know, i'm in that park, and after that, i wake up)

the one thing i never have detail of (or remember), are people's faces

Why would you, amid all that action? :lol: I've had details, colors, etc., in dreams, but nothing that vivid, I don't believe.

panzershreck said:
that's strange, my dreams are ALWAYS very detailed (at least the ones i remember), as detailed as real life, i could re-draw buildings, interior of buildings, and areas of my dreams (even ones i remember from childhood) with great detail, ie: one dream the side of a building had plank wood, painted red, with exposed nails, light reflecting in a realistic pattern from a streetlight next to the building, including spiderwebs on the streetlight, which was a metal freestanding pole... the door had no window, but it was dark wood (the kind they used to use all the time in the 70's), the interior was poorly lit, consisted of one large room and a kitchen, the large room only had an incandescant light on in the middle, shining down on a wood/metal table with chairs around it, the walls were covered in that cheap wood paneling, no paint, windows at the far end of the room that spanned the wall, studs in between holding up the wall (meaning the windows were big glass sheets). The kitchen opened directly with no doors into the main room, you had a stove, cabinets, two counters, some old dusty objects (like chairs, shovels, and a hedgetrimmer), a refridgerator, the kitchen only had one window, also near the far end, also a large glass sheet.

even that weird one of the nuclear blast with burning people standing around, i could see their bodies, only shapes, you could see their skulls, but the brightness of the burn was so high you couldn't make anything out, also the other people were black, all black silhouettes, no detail, but they were pretty far away... the park consisted of large oak trees surrounding an open area of grass, this open area had concrete pathways moving in a cirlce around the open area (Like a normal park), in the distance was the nuclear mushroom cloud... where i was blown out of, was in the fashion of an old 19th century style office, not on ground level, the windows consisted of smaller window panes (traditional) forming an arch at the top, the interior was dark wood, a desk in the traditional 19th century style of a rich aristocrat, bookshelves filled with books, old antiques on the walls, chairs and whatnot... i believe i was talking to somebody, got up and when i got up and looked at the window, everything blew up, you could make out the glass shattering and a bright yellow-orange mass of material blasting through the room and outside in a split second (next thing i know, i'm in that park, and after that, i wake up)

Wow! Get a dream dictionary dude! There is TONS of stuff in that paragraph of stuff you described.

I hope that dream was not a precognative dream (one where you see the future). Most likely not but has more to do with you personally and it does have answers if you look at the symbolism.

A dream I once had:

It started with a coach bumping the car in front on the forecourt of a petrol station. Seeing that the coach will now be going nowhere for a while, a man jumps off and flees - obviously being persued.

On turning around to follow, I find myself standing on the end of a wall, facing some fields that are seperated by barbed wire. I jump on the back of a running bull and ride it (standing up) accross a field and jump onto another wall where I slide along the top (surfing style).

When I jump off the end of the wall I end up in the city centre where a crowd of people are all looking for the fleeing man. I open a cinema exit door from outside and find the man there. I now realise that he's a spy on the side of truth and justice etc. so I sneak him away to safety.

The crowd then turn to me and I assure them that there's nothing to see this way.

This was a great dream! :D

Marctwo said:
On turning around to follow, I find myself standing on the end of a wall, facing some fields that are seperated by barbed wire. I jump on the back of a running bull and ride it (standing up) accross a field and jump onto another wall where I slide along the top (surfing style).

I can get this part figured out I think! The fields are freedom/possibilities. The barbed wire is some barrier in your life to that freedom/possibility. Riding the bull represents a "harmony between self-awareness and its decision-making, and the basic "animal" drives" - in other words, you are in tune with your inner self. Also, the realization that being yourself can destroy the barriers in your life. The wall would be a boundary of some sort. Surfing on top of it might mean you are not yet ready to cross the boundary but you are ok with that.

Are me and tpmadmin driving you guys nuts yet?:wink:

I guess I have to have a go at this now.

Marctwo said:
A dream I once had:
Marctwo said:
It started with a coach bumping the car in front on the forecourt of a petrol station. Seeing that the coach will now be going nowhere for a while, a man jumps off and flees - obviously being persued.

The coach is a means of taking you down a path in life, since you are not walking (in contrast) this is a relatively quick path. However, you are not in control of this path since you are not the driver but merely a passenger. The path is obstructed by another outside influence so this man (another part of yourself) chooses to continue on a different path feeling the urgency as if your life depended on it.
Marctwo said:
The wall is an obstacle, but it is good since you have already overcome that obstacle. Animals represent spirits. Depending on your beliefs - A bull would be one of powerful influence in your life. Determination in your path you are choosing. Yes, in a sense the fields are opportunities. Most any vegitation is representing growth. Could be any kind of growth in your life. The openness of fields with no obstructions indicates a clear vision of the future and the possibilities of what lies ahead.
Marctwo said:
When I jump off the end of the wall I end up in the city centre where a crowd of people are all looking for the fleeing man. I open a cinema exit door from outside and find the man there. I now realise that he's a spy on the side of truth and justice etc. so I sneak him away to safety.
This could be the realization that your inner self that this man represents is actually not bad as you once thought but a good trait.

Most reactions

Back