Dream Job

LilCujo

the quiet troublemaker!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, so I was talking to my friend today. whom is very wise ;) and I was telling her that my job is really easy, although you have your "situations" but they pay me to do this, however I'm not all that happy with it. So she asked if I could do any job, what would my ultimate dream job be... :shock: well, hmm there are a ton...but would it be a dream job if I actually did it? for example. say if you enjoy baseball, love to watch it and play it for fun...say if someone started paying you for it, or you got to teach or coach people would you enjoy it as much as you did when it didn’t matter?....so I guess is there really such a thing as a dream anything? because I think once you have it...then will you enjoy it as much as when you were wanting it...or is it just something we do to keep us going through the day so we don’t go postal ;)

So what would your dream jobs be?

Team photographer for the New York Rangers or for an English Premier League football team.

I can't imagine how cool it would be to have access to tons of great camera gear, all for the purpose of watching my favorite sports teams day in and day out. :D :thumbsup:

I can't pick one thing that I would want to do for the rest of my life, as I like to mix things up, but right now I would like to have my photography and writing to be something that brought me in more cash so I could leave my programming and support job. It was my dream job for a while, but it's time to move on.

If you can do what you love to do and get paid for it...that's everyone's dream...isn't it?

That being said...there are a lot of things that when done professionally may not be a much fun as just a hobby. Photography is a good example. We all love to do it, and would love to get paid to do it all the time...but then you don't really have photography as a relaxing hobby anymore. I guess you still could...but it's different.

A dream job might not be your favorite activity but it should keep you challenged and motivated. It should give you a sense of satisfaction. It would be nice to have a job with no stress but it helps to have some outside motivations. No pain, no gain...right?

I have done photography for a living. Under the right circumstances, it would still be my dream job. When I worked for someone else, I worked too much and made too little. When I worked for myself, I was always very thankful for a regular day job and a supportive husband. Not because I didn't love the work itself but because I hated the sales aspect of the work. So, that said... My dream job would be to work as a photographer and have someone else to do all of the sales, promotions and the arranging of assignments. That would leave me free to do the creative aspect of photography full time which is the part of the job that I truly love.

For my dream job to be photography related, it would need to be working for National Geographic or Arizona Highways.

To tell you the truth, any job that involves me working for myself is my dream job.

I always thought the perfect job would be to build and repair violins.

I'm still in that "what do I wana be when I grow up" phase. There are a lot of things I havent even done yet but sound cool...and things I dont even know about that I can do..lol the thing is...I dont think my bank account could stand another hobby..lol....but I guess thats the fun part.... ;) as Big Mike said no pain no brain..wait that was gain :p

LilCujo said:
I'm still in that "what do I wana be when I grow up" phase. There are a lot of things I havent even done yet but sound cool...and things I dont even know about that I can do..lol the thing is...I dont think my bank account could stand another hobby..lol....but I guess thats the fun part.... ;) as Big Mike said no pain no brain..wait that was gain :p

No, that's no brain, No headache! :p

If you start doing something professianlly for more than 2 weeks, it gets boring. (at least for me)

Even partying for a week is boring, if it's professional partying. :?

Given that, my dream job would be to change jobs every month or so and get paid really well in the process.

voodoocat said:
For my dream job to be photography related, it would need to be working for National Geographic or Arizona Highways.

National Geographic was my dream job from 8th grade through high school... not anymore since I don't like color... dunno what it is anymore...

Well, I'm actually doing my dream job. At least one of them and I've been at it for a long, long while. The other one would be a photographer, of course. Would love to do travel photography.

Shark said:
Team photographer for the New York Rangers

Interesting concept, hehe, but Id choose the Toronto Blue Jays. I wonder how you apply for such a job, hehe.

GerryDavid said:
Shark said:

Interesting concept, hehe, but Id choose the Toronto Blue Jays. I wonder how you apply for such a job, hehe.

I'd imagine start with minor league teams. I'm trying to weasel my way into a gig as team photographer for the local minor league hockey team here in Indy. Dunno how that's going to work out though, as the team just folded and brought in an even more minor league team from a new league. :shrug: :|

Anyway, probably get in good with some minor league teams, sell some photos to newspapers, AP, SI, etc., and then get lucky. ;)

Anton Corbijn's sidekick photographing u2 across the planet.

writer

actor..id want to do all period pieces though. who wouldnt want to jump around in silly costumes all day?

Shark said:
GerryDavid said:
Shark said:

I'd imagine start with minor league teams. I'm trying to weasel my way into a gig as team photographer for the local minor league hockey team here in Indy. Dunno how that's going to work out though, as the team just folded and brought in an even more minor league team from a new league. :shrug: :|

Anyway, probably get in good with some minor league teams, sell some photos to newspapers, AP, SI, etc., and then get lucky. ;)

I would imagine your only income from this would be the selling the pictures to the local papers, so if its free, coudlnt you just get permission to take pictures? I dont remember seing photographers, well pro ones, at the games around here, of course I havent looked either, since the last game I was at was maaaaaaaaany years ago, hehe.

Also Id imagine you would need a 200 or 300mm lense for good closeups.

Thanks for the idea. :0)

Most reactions

Back