Dreamcatcher!!

Lula

Cracks-Up At Crazy Titles!
Reaction score
Website
lullabygal.blogspot.com
I haven't been able to sleep normaly...I have been very tired, i'm always on a rush, when finally I in bed thinking that i gonna sleep and rest....... :shock: I can't, its like I've been all day asleep and when i have the change to be in bed and rest.....i don't :shock: and when finally i fell asleep its very late and i have nightmares most of the times :shock: :shock:
I thought I would solve the nightmares problem with my dreamcatcher but.........didn't work for me :shock:
I think I need a vacation or something :(

Any ideas to solve my problem ??? ..... Maybe if I start to count sheeps.....

My guess is it might be stress related. I always have intense dreams when I'm stressed-out (like now). It also messes with my sleep patterns.

There are some medical issues that can cause sleep disturbances, so it might not be a bad idea to double-check with your doctor. Let them know that you aren't after meds per say, but just want to make sure it's not a sign of anything serious.

I would recommend yoga classes or somthing similar to help you relaxe.

Whens the last time you just layed down and relaxed. What do you do to relax? Read, hot bath, watch a movie, etc. I try to take time once a week to just relax. Just concentrate on not concentrating :).

Most women like a hot bath surrounded by candles with some soft music or a book or something. Just try to close out everything around you. And just an hour out of the week isnt enough. take a whole afternoon to your self untill you are ready to crash for the night. Half a sleeping pill soemtimes helps too :D

One thing I've heard that helps me when I can't sleep is to try not to force myself to sleep. Like last night for instance, I was wide awake at 1am, and have to get up before 6. I tossed and turned and couldn't get to sleep, so finally just gave up, got up, and read for awhile. Yeah it made it even later, but when I went back to bed I conked right out. And this morning I feel fine. Sometimes I actually run better on 4 or 5 hrs of sleep rather than 8 or 9.

They say to much sleep is actually bad for you but if you pull what Shark sometimes does every night you end up like me... chronic migraine suffer. I wouldn't suggest it. However, another thought to add along with all the others is to get out and exercise. I know you are already tired but the exercise is good for your body and actually helps it to relax. I know it sounds wrong but I know to many people that do that and feel so much better. I grab my camera and head out to the nearest park. :D Last night... I took the tripod. Had lots of fun and felt a million times better.

Karissa's right. Exercise helps you deal with stress, and helps the body to relax more fully. It expends pent=up energy and releases endorphins, which make you feel better.

Also, you might want to try melatonin for a few nights. It isnt like a regular sleeping pill. It is the chemical your body produces to keep you in rhythm. Taking one tablet about 30-60 minutes before you go to bed tells your body that it is time to go to sleep. But don't use it for more than 5-7 days. Since your body makes its own, taking supplements for extended periods of time can shut down your natural production.

Isn't melatonin the natural sleep-inducing component of warm milk?? Which is nasty to drink on its own, but add a little chocolate and it's all good. :D

Lula, I feel for ya hon...nothing worse than insomnia. I like to work out to rock music, or at least take a walk after dinner, just do something to burn some stress. Even stretching (like yoga was suggested) can do wonders. Then try the warm milk about an hour before bed.

I'd try to do everything as naturally as possible before you try popping any pills. They DO work (damn the little buggers) but then you have this pill-induced sleep and you can have difficulty shaking that off in the am. Plus, it's better overall not to reach for a pill bottle without trying other things first. :D

Good luck!!

sleep?

i dont sleep.

seriously, i get 3-4 hours of toss and turn level one sleep, the kind that can be awakened by crickets chirping...

md

Thanxx everybody for the suggestions...
I'm thinking about doing some yoga as markc and terri suggested...I ve talked with a friend who did yoga a few years ago and he suggested me yoga too!
All the ideas were welcome, just need to put it in pratice...definitely i'm gonna try the milk and hot bath 8) 8)
About the pills i'll avoid it, I always do, even when i have headache!

Sorry to hear about your nightmares Lula. I"ve never really had nightmares that I can recall. I don't have any suggestions, but I wish you well.

well, there's always sex.
sex is great for relaxing one's body and mind, enabling you to drift off into blissful sleep...

been havin' alot of trouble getting to sleep myself, these days.
haven't had a good night's sleep in many months.

Sometimes sex has the opposite effect on me. I feel wide awake and ready to go kick ass.

Or is that admitting too much? :shock:

Or is that admitting too much?
heh heh. certainly no more too much than i!

i have heard (and read) that women experience this phenomenon- afterwards, they're ready to get up and take on the world. all us guys want to do is roll over and fall asleep!

Which only proves the feminist theory of how easily you can be disposed of. :LOL:

Not that I buy into this theory....I'm just saying. :wink:

Most reactions

Back