Dress and Reflection, take 2

CapturingGlory

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is another shot I got. Let me know what you think. For some reason, it looks darker on my computer than the one I print from. Therefore, it may look darker one yours as well.

Odressandreflectionwebresize.png

Come on people.

ha.
well im not "people" but here goes.

i just took a peak at your first shot.
i like this one better for sure..

i think in that first thread you said that you didnt think anything popped out.
well i think that is still true in this shot. it just dosnt grab me.
im not eperienced with B&W and converting to it.(is this a conversion?)

the first thing that comes to mind would be to add some color to the dress in the mirror.
and i dont feel like the tilted angle really does anything for this shot.

also if you are thinking about re-shooting this i would suggest taking that card and off the table.. this seems like it would be better suited as a simple photo..and it feels kinda busy.

It's weird because photo students like it, and even said the angle really works. Now, the only thing I really do not like is perhaps the dress in the background...and that is duotone btw.

Well.. Duotone then.. Guess my lact of attention to such aspects of photography are showing through.

I can see why "photo students" would say it works.
Technically I think what you have done is within the "rules" of which I imagine said students would be studying.

Without the experience of said studies I just look and re-look amd see what a picture makes me feel.
I think that angle conquers your photo.
The angle is more noticeble than the content itself.
The most defined object that relays the severity of the angle is the frame of the mirror.
At the top of the photo the frame of the mirror is very.strong, and it has the most pleasing lines. But then my eyes follow the sides of the mirror down and on the bottom left corner I get jammed because the left corner of the mirror is cut out of the shot. Then my eyes move abrasively against the angle of the mirror toward the right, and they start searching for what the subject must be??
And then I pick up on the dresses.
Look back and forth between them, ok I get it.. But then that frame, the angle, I look again up and down.
Its hard for me to get away from the angle and the mirror frame. Like I said I feel its kinda abrasive, I think its stealing the shot.
But that's just my over detailed, and un edu-ma-cated opinion.
I hope I've not shared too much of my opinion.
I do like this shot.

And does duotone refer to more than just the tones of this picture.. Like, should it make me think of a type, or style, film, digital.... Er is it all and just as easy to achive via photoshop?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back