Dresses

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by CapturingGlory, Feb 20, 2008.

1. CapturingGlory

CapturingGlory TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am still kinda a newbie. Let me know your honest opinion.

[​IMG]

2. spiffybeth

spiffybeth TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    honestly, it does nothing for me. but i like the graininess. the most interesting element to me is that small dress at the bottom center.

3. CanadianMe

CanadianMe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I sort of like it, I just don't care for the dress on the right seems wrong for the image, and if it was a tad lighter I think it would work. I like it, just that dress for the photo isn't working for me.

4. Mesoam

Mesoam TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i actually kind of like it as well, not really sure what it is...i find my self trying to study it..

5. spiffybeth

spiffybeth TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i keep coming back to this image. but i dont know why.

i think it has an antique feel to it and i think it might look better in sepia.

6. CapturingGlory

CapturingGlory TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Actually, I know exactly what you guy mean. I mean, I like it. It's ok....but there is just something that isn't popping.

As far as the darkness...I noticed that as well on my own comp...on the computer I use at school that's ready for prints...it wasn't so dark.

7. eminart

eminart TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, I'm a complete photo newb, but I do have quite a bit of art experience, so here's my take:

I think it had the potential to be a nice photo, but the composition is laid out a little wrong. Both sides of the photo have a dress jutted right up next to the edge, which is generally a no-no in art. It creates a tension that is not pleasing to the eye. You either want the subject to be cropped off the edge, or farther from the edge. It's also laid out too bilateral, by which I mean you have a vertical divider that seperates the canvas into two almost identical sections (generally a no-no). It's usually a little more interesting to have one area of the art a little more weighted than the other. It's POSSIBLE to have an equally seperated canvas, but usually only in very particular situations.

Try cropping it differently. I think if the focus were shifted a bit to the left so that the little dress were in the right 1/3 of the shot, it would help a lot. I like the idea though.