Dried out Fungus on Tree

Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I couldn't think of anything creative to name the thread... lol.

Anyways, Here's the picture.

20080313-DSC_0603.jpg

C&C much appreciated.

That's some type of shelf or bracket fungus surrounded by lichen, which technically are not fungus.

I think I'd like to see the lichen in focus better and maybe a little more saturation to perk up the interest of the image. I can't decide if I like the crop or not...maybe I'd like it better slightly bumped to the left, but I just don't know.

I like it, but it seems like the canvas is split exactly in half to me. I can't decide if that's good or bad.

By the way, hello from a fellow Huntsvegan.

In the original, I had it in the dead center of the picture.. Then i went back and did a rule of thirds crop on it.

Eminart, what part are you from? I technically don't live IN Huntsville, I live about 10 minutes south of it.

Eminart, what part are you from? I technically don't live IN Huntsville, I live about 10 minutes south of it.

I currently live right in the middle, near UAH. I grew up around the Boaz area though.

I currently live right in the middle, near UAH. I grew up around the Boaz area though.

Gotcha, I live across the river.. Take 231 south until you go across the river and will go up a mountian/hill and i live on top of it... aka Morgan City.

You split the frame in half and there's too much area in the frame that's out of focus.

I find myself looking more at the sharp bokeh than the subject itself.

Perhaps it would be a bit better had you stopped down a bit more (the lighting looks like it would have allowed f/12 or smaller.) And the trees in the back surely would have remained out of focus (and probably less bright). And I agree that the frame is too evenly split, which allows the viewer's eye the option of going to the empty half (background half). Perhaps a selectively centered vignetting in some graphics program would help alleviate the distraction a bit. Not a bad shot, just not a great one.

Most reactions

Back