Drift Event Pics

MiaS13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ive had my camera for about a month now. im into the whole drift scene, so skipped driving for an event and snapped pics C&C welcome
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Pretty cool shots, just some focusing problems..Although #2 is pretty solid.

very good work. did you do any editing?
no, i just watermarked them and thats it. i was shooting with my friends D80 that day so i just went with whatever settings he had and adjusted Ap and Shutter to the meter. and what do you guys mean by focus problems. elaborate please

I completely disagree with DRoberts; there's nothing wrong with the focus in any of these. If you look closely, you'll see that any blur you might notice is caused by motion, but the focus is nailed. These were all shot at 1/60th, it looks like, so I can see how motion blur is so visible. I think it works.

The only exception might be that last one; I can't tell if that's motion, missed focus or both.

Good stuff all around though, man!

I completely disagree with DRoberts; there's nothing wrong with the focus in any of these. If you look closely, you'll see that any blur you might notice is caused by motion, but the focus is nailed. These were all shot at 1/60th, it looks like, so I can see how motion blur is so visible. I think it works.

The only exception might be that last one; I can't tell if that's motion, missed focus or both.

Good stuff all around though, man!
thanks man. thats why i asked what are the focus problems. because i was try to depict the car moving. a picture with the car completly still is boring, here i just focus on the front of the car and i want the back to blur a little but to show that its moving

I agree, it looks like blur from movement and not a focus issue.

Something you can try, is play with the shutter speed and try to follow the car with the camera. Once you find the right shutter speed you will freeze the car so it appears sharp but the background will remain blurred which will give the apprearance of motion.

I agree, it looks like blur from movement and not a focus issue.

Something you can try, is play with the shutter speed and try to follow the car with the camera. Once you find the right shutter speed you will freeze the car so it appears sharp but the background will remain blurred which will give the apprearance of motion.

i think that its motion blur too. the last one it looks like you focused on the back end of the miata right on the license plate

All but 2 have issues with focus, and blur from low shutter speed. 2 is my favorite.

These are kick ass shots, nice work.

I agree with everyone else, #2 is the best, but I like 3 as well. Next time try a polarizing filter to reduce some of the glare on the cars, should help. You might also try darkening the windows in PP, I think that would look much better.

i think that its motion blur too. the last one it looks like you focused on the back end of the miata right on the license plate
when he took of from the line i was looking down at the camera so it was a quick up and shoot before he was gone

Most reactions

Back