Drifting! C & C Please.

MGriff240

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My second event shooting on-track at ClubLoose...I'm learning a lot each time.

4739722342_8994b82781.jpg

4739768418_74d05edf55.jpg

4739782326_59e701576f.jpg

4739787728_fb6352c6dd.jpg

4739786964_9ae69269bf.jpg

I agree with the tilt but you did a great job on the panning.

Some of the better drifting shots I've seen. I like them.

I disagree with the tilt not working. I've been shooting drifting events here and there since about 2006, and most shots look REALLY bland without a tilt. It adds a speed element that helps enhance the pan blur. I generally like to tilt downwards rather than making it look like its going uphill, but it works either way a lot better than a flat image, IMO.

The only criticism I can offer is some of the framing is a bit too centered on some. I generally like to frame the nose of the car as close to the corner/side as possible so there's a huge smoke tail behind it. There's nothing going on in front of the car, and it helps to follow the rule of thirds.

Here's some that I took from an event a few months back: Matt Spencer | Formula Drift: Streets of Long Beach

Thanks guys. And cfusion, that's what I've noticed, which is why I tend to shoot at an angle. The uphill angle is actually a slight hill, so I figured it worked.

How was Long Beach? I'd love to travel and get out to every Formula D event in a season...I shot in the stands at Wall and ended up with these.

4725714176_c7a9cdf41d.jpg

4725717932_c5a6749beb.jpg

4725063887_5bf64fd40d.jpg

I absolutely LOVE that first shot! (I happen to own a red tC RS1)

Do you have that shot in high res? like 1920x1200 wallpaper?

Long beach was pretty cool, but the lack of reach I got out of my 200mm meant I had to crop a lot of my images a little tighter than I would have liked (some loss of detail.. boo). They're coming back to southern California to hit Irwindale in the fall, so I'll definately be there to snap some more. I wish I could find a way to get a media pass so I could actually take shots without having to fight with fences and tall, far away views.

I absolutely LOVE that first shot! (I happen to own a red tC RS1)

Do you have that shot in high res? like 1920x1200 wallpaper?

Long beach was pretty cool, but the lack of reach I got out of my 200mm meant I had to crop a lot of my images a little tighter than I would have liked (some loss of detail.. boo). They're coming back to southern California to hit Irwindale in the fall, so I'll definately be there to snap some more. I wish I could find a way to get a media pass so I could actually take shots without having to fight with fences and tall, far away views.

I've got the original size on my Flikr, so feel free to grab it and resize it. I usually just set the original as a background and let the computer do the resizing for me.

As for a media pass at Formula D events...They have an application on their website, and I think you have to email the head media guy too. All the info is on their site.

your shots are amazing bro. you need to teach me!

My second event shooting on-track at ClubLoose...I'm learning a lot each time.

4739722342_8994b82781.jpg

Love this shot especially since its my friend who sponsers the car. (Steve at ROMisBurning)

I need to learn me some panning, i always pan too fast.

I agree a little less tilt but the pictures are great regardless

Oi Freaky! as i said over on fds, im super jealous of your panning skills :p and i love your shots from "the wall"

Josh
(rb20detftw)

Most reactions

Back