drifting sideways

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was bored so i played with ps on this one, tried to make it look like the car was going sideways. i dont know if it really does look like it is because i can't get it out of my head that the car is sitting stationary in my driveway. anyway, tell me what you think.

carcopy.jpg

i think it looks nice! if you had gotten the car hood emblem it would have been really good product placement. it reminds me of other BMW advertisements.

it is a beamer isnt it?

md

hey, thats cool....the only thing i would think of, is to see if there is a way to smudge the reflection on the side of the car..? the trees are still..so it makes the car seem still...aside from that...its dead on looking like its sliding sideways....

This one is a beamer, no doubt! (Wouldn't I know a beamer??? ;) - mine's coming "home" from the repair shop this afternoon, yay, after the collision with that poor deer last Friday, you remember? --- ok, back to the photo: it's the fact that the tyres look absolutely still that gives away it was stationary. But the effect - wow! I am in awe at what all can be done in Photoshop!!!!

yea its a bmw :thumbup:

thanks for the comments everyone, i realized after i did it that the reflections were still and if u look through the windows to the back the trees are still...although i missed the fact that there was no driver :blushing:

:D

since there's no driver and the tires aren't rotating, let's say you captured this in the center of a tornado. ;) i like the shot. i don't know if you got exactly what you were going after but i definately feel the movement! :thumbup:

From all the rally and race photos I've seen & taken I think it needs some suspension compression on the side we can see and a small blur of light blue tyre smoke on the rear wheel, only just enough to see (not great big clouds of the stuff!) Like smoke that's coming off the top of the tyre back to the tarmac as the wheel spins. Also the tyre needs to be rolling under the car & off the rim a bit. I think it's just the tyre detail thats giving the game away!

Opposite lock on the steering might help a bit too although most cars caught like this are understeering anyway!

Without looking at it in detail though it does look like it's sliding!

PlasticSpanner said:
From all the rally and race photos I've seen & taken I think it needs some suspension compression on the side we can see and a small blur of light blue tyre smoke on the rear wheel, only just enough to see (not great big clouds of the stuff!) Like smoke that's coming off the top of the tyre back to the tarmac as the wheel spins. Also the tyre needs to be rolling under the car & off the rim a bit. I think it's just the tyre detail thats giving the game away!

Opposite lock on the steering might help a bit too although most cars caught like this are understeering anyway!

Without looking at it in detail though it does look like it's sliding!

Heh maybe some night this week my sister will come out and photograph a real drift ;) That is if I feel like abusing my rear tires again (i just got these ones put on!)

Most reactions

Back