Driftwood

pyagid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this while on vacation last week. This one was with my Sony P8 digital camera so there was not much adjustment with it. I did take some film as well. But i am looking for some critiques on the composition of it. I did some color adjustment in PS for the water and sky. otherwise it is untouched.

Thanks for the feed back and feel free to edit it.

driftwood1.jpg

I would crop closer to the wood putting it in the lower left bottom corner and I would clone out the sailboat in the water.

If you get a chance to reshoot something like this again I would get a closer photo of the wood with not so much sky unless theres some clouds. The wood is pleasing to the eye but the sky and oceon make up to much of the overall image and dont really present anything to look at.

I cloned out the boat because I felt like it was I white dot I just kept having to stare at.

It's not all that interesting, I think you should crop closer into the driftwood and darken it up a little... maybe more contrast.
Just bring the central focus in more. :)

thanks for the suggestions. This is the same piece that i took from a diffrent angle, the wood is foward more. i didnt post this before because i didnt like how i cut of the piece on the lower right side. But for a comparison, of less sky, closer focus on the wood, If i did not cut off the lower right would it be fair to say this image is composed better than the first?

driftwood2.jpg

I Would still go with the first just a tighter crop. I wish I could see them with more DOF or something else in the background to breack up the image.You cant control the weather but these photos would have been alot better if there where some clouds to give the background something.

Your second photo presents a bad leading line that takes you from the left side of the page off the right side when you follow the wood. It would have helped to have it not run off the edges.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back