"Drink Papaya…” (A NYC Landmark/Icon)

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
20171208-untitled-36-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

lovely tones.

Those this place serves, "Snappy frankfurters",eh? No quite sure what that ever meant...

As far as a C&C goes, this feels just a tiny bit cramped to me; meaning, in my mind, there's not quite enough space allotted for the building to literally 'stand upon', below the strorefront, and just a foot or so of space below the front, corner of the building would have made this stronger. Good job of keeping the verticals looking pretty much straight up and down, and not too distorted. As braineack mentioned above, the tones are nice, with adequate contrast and differentiation between the tonal values, across the frame.

As far as the fake knockout border image treatement; I LIKE that style,m but think a thicker border might actually enhance that retro look. This is the second image you've posted this week using this thin, rounded corner look. I myself think the rounder corner look can,at times, improve an image, and have used both the black and the white ones in Lightroom, as well as an on-line border app, Pixlr, for some fine art nudes I've shot, where I want to make the images _show_ that they have indeed, been "processed", or "worked upon", as opposed to just snapped and shown. I think the thicker, wider border that some other effects software apps have might make this effect look even better; what is this border effect from, if I might ask?

Those this place serves, "Snappy frankfurters",eh? No quite sure what that ever meant...

As far as a C&C goes, this feels just a tiny bit cramped to me; meaning, in my mind, there's not quite enough space allotted for the building to literally 'stand upon', below the strorefront, and just a foot or so of space below the front, corner of the building would have made this stronger. Good job of keeping the verticals looking pretty much straight up and down, and not too distorted. As braineack mentioned above, the tones are nice, with adequate contrast and differentiation between the tonal values, across the frame.

As far as the fake knockout border image treatement; I LIKE that style,m but think a thicker border might actually enhance that retro look. This is the second image you've posted this week using this thin, rounded corner look. I myself think the rounder corner look can,at times, improve an image, and have used both the black and the white ones in Lightroom, as well as an on-line border app, Pixlr, for some fine art nudes I've shot, where I want to make the images _show_ that they have indeed, been "processed", or "worked upon", as opposed to just snapped and shown. I think the thicker, wider border that some other effects software apps have might make this effect look even better; what is this border effect from, if I might ask?

Hi Derrel, I totally agree with you the image is cramped, I just don't have a wider lens for the Fuji...Fujifilm XF 23 mm f/2 R WR (23 mm Equivalent 35 mm)...I either need to get the 16 mm Equivalent 35 mm (which I will) or go back with my Nikon...

I am really loving my new little X Pro 2...I feel safe on the subway & walking through the streets of NYC, something I was always hesitant to do with my Nikon...Every time I went into the city with my Nikon I always drove & paid for parking - lol No more now I take the subway... ;-)

As far as the image border, it comes from NIK, Color Efex Pro 4...you can download the complete suite for free, just Google NIK. Again, I agree a thicker black border would work better but it would have bled onto the storefront's name, so I was stuck with a thin black border...I feel a wider lens would correct all these issues...

Thank you for taking time & offering your suggestions...

Enezdez

Oh, hey, thanks for the tip on the NIK software. I did take advantage of their free download offer some months back, but I have offloaded it to an external drive...might have to revisit their app suite and see if there's some stuff in there for me.

Oh, hey, thanks for the tip on the NIK software. I did take advantage of their free download offer some months back, but I have offloaded it to an external drive...might have to revisit their app suite and see if there's some stuff in there for me.

Your Welcomed!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back