Drip, drop, drip

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4344427294_22d7fcb0bf.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2787/4344427294_5d9ff7963b_o.jpg
F8, ISO 100, 1/200sec, flash light from the left.

Gear used: Canon 400D, Canon MPE65mm macro, 580EX2+lumiquest softbox

Look at the larger and see what I captured that I did not expect in the waterdrop.

An early shot with my MPE65mm, I finally managed to get it out into the field for a short test and I have to say I quickly got sick of my tripod. I just found it so hard to focus the shot (I must have destroyed at least 5 waterdrops in trying) and get the whole rig into a suitable position - so in the end I gave up and went for handheld. A hard thing to do with only my 580 flash and an offcamera flash cord which limited me to shooting on the ground where I could lean the flash against something (normally the ground which will explain why its a slightly muddy flash now). I have gained a new respect for the difficulty of such highmagnification shooting and a new lust for those twinflash lights!

I see something but can't make it out, nice shot though

I can see your hand and camera reflected in the drop, neat.

Water drops in nature are very cool. Don't get me wrong I like the ones done indoors also.
Pretty cool when you can get a shot of a drop and it reflects another portion of the world around it.

Many thanks for the compliments all :)

I just wish that I could have bounced theflash light and not got that large reflection of the flash in the shot as well. Myself reflected was a neat bonus though :)

Many thanks for the compliments all :)

I just wish that I could have bounced theflash light and not got that large reflection of the flash in the shot as well. Myself reflected was a neat bonus though :)
When you have learned to claim "neat bonuses" as intentional composition elements you will have mastered the art of phtography.:lol:
Nice shot btw.

Most reactions

Back