Drips...

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
First shot with the new Pentax *istD & 18-35mm lens. One of about 20 before I got the timing down. :lol:

drips001.jpg

thats wicked photobug...

looks like you got your timing perfect on this mate. It looks like an alien handed reaching for a ball or something :)

are you digital or regular?

Thanks! Film & digital both, but this is the digital slr I just got yesterday. I think I'm going to like it. :lol:

I was going to say, it would be worth your time to use a digi for a shot like this! How did you set up the shot by the way - I wanna try this!

Lessee- hand-held, Av mode @ f/5.6, 1/350 sec exposure. I just shot it against the sky using the center autofocus point and evaluative metering.

This is actually a crop, not full frame. I was about about 2 feet away and it was about a foot or so above me. Just stepped out the front door and there is was.

Hardest part was getting the timing just right. I found tripping the shutter just as the drop was its fattest before dropping worked best for me, YMMV.

Adjusted levels in PS & sharpened it up a bit.

Have fun! :D

this was my attempt at a macro of an icile the other day, the icicle doesnt look too bad, but its not a very nice background.

normal_macro%20pic%201.jpg

oops, and i forgot to rotate it when i scanned it, but you get the idea

nice work photobug, that is a very cool pic !!

photobug,
I told ya you'd love the *istd theres only one problem I've had so far. My internal flash isn't firing atthe moment. Let me know if you have any similiar problems. I have an external flash, but I can't use the really cool wireless ability allowing some 2 point lighting if that internal won't flash. I think my problem amy be in the batteries. Anyway to cut it short, let me know if your flash stops working

pucci- thanks. Having a nearly three foot overhang on my roof helps.

AirVenture- absolutely nothing wrong with that shot. I haven't tried any sink shots yet. :)

Jeff- Luck? [shrug]

I'm glad you guys liked it. :D

Wow... very, very nice!

Aaron

Great shot Jim but I still prefer your sunrise/sunsets, glad you finally went digital.
That sink shot by Airventure is very good too.

Hi again Jim,
I just checked out that Pentax camera you bought and I'm curious as to why that one and not the Canon 10D.
The prices are similar so I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Most reactions

Back