drive north / disappear

white

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4770566188_7c1aabdaa3_z.jpg

that is a beautiful picture. I love the effect the fog has on the scene

Good job many photographers can be intimidated my fod and other less that perfict optical conditions but you did well well with incorperating it into the shot.
Wes

Very nice!!!

Thanks. Here's another from earlier in the night:

4773097370_21969ab510_z.jpg

White
I really like nature shots with fog. The fog adds an element of mystery.

But...
This image could not be made without the fog. OUTSTANDING composition, you have a great eye.
4773097370_21969ab510_z.jpg

Those are stunning. I'm in love with the second.

White
I really like nature shots with fog. The fog adds an element of mystery.

But...
This image could not be made without the fog. OUTSTANDING composition, you have a great eye.
Yeah, you should have been there. Around 3 am the thickest fog I have ever seen rolls in and stays for about 3 hours. In some areas you could only see about 5 feet ahead. Often, I stopped the car alongside normally busy roads and just walked around snapping photos. Incredibly surreal feeling.

Here's another one. The negative is kind of dirty, but whatever.

4772700555_7d62c05e47_z.jpg

Love the first one. Very creepy.

Very nice. Is that noise or grain we see here? (Grain would be from film photography).

And the second one reminds me of the photo I still am only planning to create one day, when it needs to be foggy, dark, I put my car out on a deserted back road, set the camera on the tripod (that I no longer have, dang!, it got stolen while on vacation), put it on timer, run back to the car and walk with a long coat on towards the camera. But now it's summer and totally unlikely to present me with the conditions I'd need.

First one is wonderful. Love the grain/noise/whatever. This is one of those interesting compositions where if you draw a vertical line about a third of the way from the left edge, it divides the image into two images, each of which works independently. I saw a sort of similar foggy forest shot, I think by Paul Caponigro, that had that characteristic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back