Drone Photography and the FAA

My husband and I personally do not agree to the use of drones anywhere near my home. I bet our snooty neighbours will not like it either. They already object to us flying our taildragger above their property going to ours, now playing with a drone will be more problematic ... Glad the FAA have upped its game on this.

Sorry Snerd...

My husband and I personally do not agree to the use of drones anywhere near my home. I bet our snooty neighbours will not like it either. They already object to us flying our taildragger above their property going to ours, now playing with a drone will be more problematic ... Glad the FAA have upped its game on this.

Sorry Snerd...

Personally I love the idea myself. Back during the Y2K scare I bought a Ma Duece and built myself a nice little emplacement with sandbags on the roof. I think it would just be awesome to be able to get in a little anti-aircraft practice. Dang thing has just been there collecting dust since I installed it. I mean seriously, not one darn looter showed up for Y2K. So yup, bring on the drones I say!

Lol

The discussion has more than once turned to target practice among my fellow shooters and me. It just takes practice distinguishing between the good ones and bad ones. Just sayin'. :mrgreen:

I love to drone! On,and on, and on, and onnnnn!

Bring on the UAV's! They will be future due to cost, utility, safety, etc. Just maybe not the little quad copter ones, the big ones are more fun and have better cameras anyway. I believe the FAA has to have it all worked out by 2015 or 2016, but it hit the news recently because it was found their initial regulations didnt follow legal protocall so were invalid.

Plus lets face it....they are really photogenic! (yes mods these are my pictures)

137345269293.jpg

getasset.aspx

I wanted to buy one of these drones, but they only allow you to use it outside of town. And where i live you cannot make a move without being in another town, so i would be able to use it on very rare occasions.

What's the difference between a Remote Controlled Airplane and a Drone? Just askin'!

What's the difference between a Remote Controlled Airplane and a Drone? Just askin'!
I think there are 2 separate answers but I don't know all the specifics.
1 a "drone" in my world is something that has gps and can fly a pattern on its own with no ther input. <~~ this is the main one

2 it isn't there just to fly. There is a purpose behind a "drone" photos, locations, elevations, surveillance

$image.jpgOooo Ooo..I came across one the other day.. Me taking a picture of it taking a picture of me.

Most reactions

Back