Droplets on Flower

krbimaging

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Flower is a Mexican Bird of Paradise, they are all around Arizona as decorative plants. We even have these growing in our backyard. I trimmed off a few flowers and brought them into the house for indoor studio work. As many before me have posted droplet images I was inspired by their works. I used a hand held sprayer with regular tap water. I tried some images closer in but the story of the shot disappeared. Keeping some of the flower petals and it's stamen in the shot with the droplets told a better story.

The lens is a Canon 65mm Macro set at 1X. 16f x 30sec. ISO 100 I used the Canon Macro Flash -24 and the Body I shot with is a 5D Mk3. I also used a Cam ranger and I pad Air to help compose the shots and get the focus exactly on the drop. The Macro rig I used with all this is from really right stuff. I used a focusing rail to move the rig forward and aft till I had the focus.

$CA020130.jpg.
$CA020139.jpg

Last edited:
209 views as of 6 Oct and not a single comment :(. Is that a hint that I should quit?

No! Don't quit. I feel the same way sometimes when I get no comments. Sometimes we have to accept that our photos just don't "speak" to anyone else.

If you want my humble, but honest c&c here, I think your composition in general is a little off. I don't see enough of any one thing to know what the subject is. If it's the water, I think a tighter crop on the drops would help you achieve that goal, if it's the flower then maybe zooming out would have been more ideal.

Last edited:
209 views as of 6 Oct and not a single comment :(. Is that a hint that I should quit?

I just returned to this site after about 10 months. Now, I'm starting to recall why. This type of inactivity is one reason.

People will keep quiet for various reasons, some of which are not related to the quality of your photo, specifically. I frequently browse but seldom comment. Usually it's because I don't feel I can add any new help (my thoughts have been said by someone else).

I think Jazzie hit it, but I do like the second one.

Most reactions

Back