dropped my book in the bath

thomash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
but I like the photos I got out of it

674.jpg

668.jpg

The composition in the first one is better, but the other one is interesting.

Thomas

Aesthetically they are both nice, but I'm not sure what they are trying to convey, or what the elements in the scene have in common, especially when put into this scene together.

I would fix the white balance also.

yeah, i didn't compose the scene. These things just happened to be there because I was going to take a bath. A coffee an apple and a book. Says something about my life maybe.

How can I correct the white balance afterwards?

As LittleMan said, color balance, or, (I don't know what camera you have), if you shot in RAW, it's very easy. Your best bet is to set the white balance in camera first.

I hope it wasn't a good book! Nice shots. The white balance could do with a bit of work, but I wouldn't recommend that you try to make it completely true to life, because the photo's would lose a lot of the warmth, which I think works quite well.

thanks for the positive comments.

isn't it hard to get the white balance right if you don't have anything properly white in the picture to use as a comparison? The problem is all the things in the picture are slightly beige/not white.
I'm also a little colourblind so I have difficulty spotting when colours are slightly off.

Most reactions

Back