Dropped my new a350

Funky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bah! i was climbing around in red rock canyon California when a ledge gave way under me and i fell, the worst part of the whole thing is my camera that was attached to my tripod took a 15 foot fall onto another boulder. luckily the build quality of the Sony a350 is damn good, so it came away with only small scratches on the top right hand corner, the problem here is that i can hear something tiny banging around inside the body. I'm not sure if this is something i should send it back to Sony for. what would you all do?

banging around? sounds very bad.

there are not many moveable parts in a camera besides the shutter and the mirror. both vital parts and if they are affected it hast to be repaired.

and if something is banging around which is not meant to be a moveable part... even worse!

sorry to hear!

thanks Alex, i should probably have used a different word =\ banging is a little harsh lol. its more of a faint rattle, i was thinking a piece of plastic came loose or something.

well it sounds like it survived well!
I would say that as the camera is working now - still send it off to the repairers - might be just a lose fitting or some such - but if you leave it longer it could work lose and then break when you least expect it. Send it for repairer - it might also be an idea to check your lens (if one was attached) to make sure its not knocked out of alignment (ie check the focus)

I know its cost, but I would prefer to know the kit is in working order -rather than worry each and every time I reached for it if this was going to be the last time

too true, ill probably send it back to Sony, lets hope dropping it is covered under the warranty ha ha

wedll, if something rattles which did not rattle before, then it is lose now.

if it is partially lose and it is the mechanics - bad if it comes lose completely later.

if it is partially lose and it is electronics - bad if it comes lose completely later.

send it in. or hand it in.

its a lose lose then lol, yeah. ill send it in.

its a lose lose then lol, yeah. ill send it in.

check lens and body separately though, maybe the noise comes from the lens!

anyway, happens to all of us. i lost an expensive filter this year when it smashed onto a rock in the mountains ...

ack, the mountains are a scary place for our cameras, Ive heard some nasty stories.

people people have you no string and duct-tape? ;)

lmao, i always have sting and tape in my camera bag >=D

its more of a faint rattle, i was thinking a piece of plastic came loose or something.

Does it do it with the flash up? The 350D makes a noise similar to what you're describing - it's the arms for the flash. It still does it a little bit with the flash up, but it's nowhere near as easy to hear.

I would send it for repair. You certainly don't want a failure when you are shooting something important. I can't imagine that something moving around inside is a good thing, but wierder things have happened.

Bah! i was climbing around in red rock canyon California when a ledge gave way under me and i fell, the worst part of the whole thing is my camera that was attached to my tripod took a 15 foot fall onto another boulder. luckily the build quality of the Sony a350 is damn good, so it came away with only small scratches on the top right hand corner, the problem here is that i can hear something tiny banging around inside the body. I'm not sure if this is something i should send it back to Sony for. what would you all do?

That was the fifth camera, I bought. So what lenses did you buy with it?

skieur

Most reactions

Back