dSLR Backpack

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Soul Rebel, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I might be able to purchase a good backpack to carry my camera around and to be honest...I know little about which computer backpack makers are any good. I have heard of Lowepro and looking at their site there are a few that I like. I also found a Tamrac Expedition 4 backpack that I really like.

Does anybody have any recomendations?

2. bitteraspects

bitteraspects TPF Noob!

i have a tamrac personally, and i love it. but i need to look into a bigger bag now that i bought 2 more 20Ds.

3. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    Perhaps start by posting the equipment you want to carry so posters know how large of a bag you'll need.

I have a Tamrac Expedition 5. For the purpose it serves, I like it. I can fit more stuff in it than I'm willing to carry on my back. Well designed and padded. The newer version seems to have some really nice additional features. It was mainly used to haul equipment during transit as well as airplane flights. Its faired well and I've had mine for quite a few years.

On the other hand, my backpack hasn't seen much use the past year or so. I've learned that I prefer quick and easy access which is just not possible with the backpacks in general. It also brings unwanted attention as it is pretty obviously designed for cameras.

Amazingly enough, the bag that sees the most daily use is simply a messenger bag purchased from the local Gap store with a Domke 3 sectional insert.

4. dsp921

dsp921 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have an Tamrac Expedition 5 as well, it's a very nice bag. It's fits my camera body, 28-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, a TC17EII, flash, Omni Bounce, rooom for a couple more medium sized lenses, tons of room for extra memory, batteries, cell phone, mounting place for a tripod. The harness is thick and comfortable and it is well built. It works with either the 28-70 or the 70-200 mounted, both are fairly large lenses. I'm happy with mine and would recommend it.

5. Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have the Nikon D50 along with the kit lens, 18-55, and a Sigma 70-300 telephoto/macro lens. Other than that I have very little but I have plans to upgrade so I would like the space to carry 1-2 more lenses. I also have a tripod.

6. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

I have the Lowepro Computrekker Plus AW. So far I really like it.

7. niccig

niccig TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    When I get paid on Friday I'm buying the Lowepro CompuDaypack. I visited Best Buy with my camera gear and was able to fit it all in there - Nikon F80 w/50mm attached, plus Nikkor 35-80, dimage z6 (point&shoot) & film. Everyone looked at me like I was a little crazy :) But I like it because I carry my laptop around too, and it fits perfectly. The build felt really sturdy, and it was comfortable on my back for the 30 seconds that I wore it. No built-in tripod holder though.

8. Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Does the Tamrac Expedition have a space to put your laptop?

9. doenoe

doenoe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i got a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW. Works like a charm. It doesnt have space to put a laptoop in though.

10. Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am torn whether I want something to carry my laptop as well. I have a nice Targus laptop backpack that does well for that. So far I havent taken my laptop along with my camera equipment. However, it would be nice to take a 2-3 day trip and be able to carry both, allowing me to upload my pictures and have more shooting space.

I dont plan to use both at the same time so I really could take both backpacks. Hmm.

11. Max_Geoghegan

Max_Geoghegan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I Have a WB1626B Pro Digital Studio Camera Backpack that i would sell you if you want for a good price
    i got it for 70 shipped ill give it to you for 50
    [FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]shipped [/FONT]

12. Max_Geoghegan

Max_Geoghegan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    just pm if ur interested