DSLR like Expectancy

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What's the life expectancy of DSLR sensor? I have over 31k on my 10D scene July 03:???: Is that a lot?

Jeff Canes said:
What the like expectancy of DSLR sensor? I have over 31k on my 10D scene July 03:???: Is that a lot?
You probably used half it's resource by now.

Should be dead by summer 2007 or so, when you'll have spankin 40D... ;)

I would imagine that the shutter would go before the CCD. I don't have any facts to support this but electronics usually either break right away, or last for quite a while. Mechanincal things tend to work right away and break in the long run.

Jeff Canes said:
What the like expectancy of DSLR sensor? I have over 31k on my 10D scene July 03:???: Is that a lot?

You will probably like it until something better comes out. The 20D wasn't that much better than the 10D, so you didn't stop liking your 10D. When the replacement to the 20D comes out, you can expect to stop liking the 10D.

:lmao:

I still like the 10D, yesterday I went to Marlin & Hurricanes baseball game, took about 1000 shoots, that got me thingk about the like expectancy, it I was going upgrade it would be the D1 Mark II, at 8 fps I would shoot about 3000 shoot in a single baseball game.

I also heard the the optical image stabilisation can be the first thing to go. I know a few oldies who have always used lenses without the ois feature and they really dont understand why people are so hyped up about it. When the ois feature goes dead so will the lens' functionality. So for longterm use of lenses would people say the ones without ois are the best?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back