DSLR OR GOPRO ?????

I still mount my DSLR in my car when taking racing videos...

I love gopros for their specific use. Hate them for everything else.

If you get a gorpro for anything except action video...

images

hahaha I mountian bike as well. I would love to see someone ripping down a single track at 30mph on that thing. I would buy a GoPro just for that!
Anyway to the OP its pretty easy. You have obviously seen videos with GoPros right? They are used for one type of filming. POV. If your going to be making videos like those then get a GoPro no doubt. They are really good for sports, auto, etc.. :) If you want to do more and be a lot more creative, get a cheap DSLR. maybe used until you see if you want to get into it. Then start dropping the $$ and its a total different world.

Here's what you do with a GoPro .. and NOT a dSLR
One of my relaxing Saturday morning loops :)

I filmed a promo for a local band Saturday night. I used my new Nikon D750 and one lens all night and shot at ISO 6400 without lighting except in one instance. How does the Gopro do at night time filming?

Here's what you do with a GoPro .. and NOT a dSLR
One of my relaxing Saturday morning loops :)

I'm guessing that's the beginner loop? ;)

yup .. I used to take beginners on simple loops in the area. kinda like a tour. I recorded them for ppl to see before they went. Alot of noobs freak out on stuff like that. So there's simplier routes too. Of course, more nasty ones too. :)

On that loop I think I do hit 20mph in a few instances, not for a noob but looks good on video :)

here's a short one, in the same park, but on the side of a hill .. nasty for a noob -->

Most reactions

Back