DSLR Prices

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
I reallllllllllllllllly want a DSLR just for the ability to change lenses to adapt to various types of shooting, plus the amazing quality doesn't hurt...

Anywho, I was just thinking, how long until you think the prices begin to drop? It seems that the Rebel is one of the cheaper ones around, but that's still out of my price range for now.

You will get an used 10D for the price of a 300D now.

I'm sure the fall of 2005 will see the prices start to fall to probably around the $600-700 level. I mean, it started with the 10D at $1500, then the rebel at $999.99, I'm sure prices will continue to fall. Just remember, the cheaper ones aren't usually pro cameras, the D70 and D Rebel have plastic bodies (steel frames) whereas the 10D,20D have magnesium allow bodies.

A friend at work just bought a used 10D from Ebay with battery grip and 2 batteries for $1000. You can get used Rebels for $6-700. Keep in mind the money you'll need for lenses as well, and bigger CF cards. It's never going to be "cheap".

Digital Matt said:
A friend at work just bought a used 10D from Ebay with battery grip and 2 batteries for $1000. You can get used Rebels for $6-700. Keep in mind the money you'll need for lenses as well, and bigger CF cards. It's never going to be "cheap".

thats precisely how much mine cost me. dan whats your budget?

md

well if/when I do upgrade, i'd probably be selling my fz20 to help pay, so say I get around $450-500 for that, plus the money i'm able to save in the next couple of months waiting for prices to drop, I'd have a good chunk of change. I technically can afford one right now, but i'd rather have a good chunk of money in the bank rather than go broke buying a new camera.

Nytmair said:
I technically can afford one right now, but i'd rather have a good chunk of money in the bank rather than go broke buying a new camera.

Hehe, I just ordered a 20D, and I'll be pretty much broke :p

Hehe, I would sell it to you if I weren't going to keep it and have two bodies :)

I get so tired of having my wide angle lens on and seeing some wildlife, and then switching real quick only to see it run away before I can get the shot. Now I'll have my 70-200 on the 20D ready to go. I'll only need to pop it on the tripod and go. :D

oh well, it was worth a shot.

last year I spent a lot of money on my car, so this year i'm trying to sell that, get a nice clean reliable car, and spend my money on a good camera instead :)

Good luck. I'm sure you'll get a good deal on one. The prices are coming down a lot, and the rebel is a great camera to start out with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back