DSLR prices???

bdgerfn20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am completely new to photography and in the market for a camera. Im on a budget but I might go for a DSLR. What are the lowest prices for DSLR cameras today? Please identify used and new prices,

For around 500bucks, you can get a entry-range dslr, like the canon 1000d or the nikon d3000 with their kit lenses.

If you really want to go cheap, you can find awesome film cameras on ebay. But then, you pay premium for film and it's devloppement (depends on the size of the city you live in...)

Well, I'm not a store and you are asking for people to lookup prices for you.
The easier way to do it is jump on B&H website - bhphotovideo.com and look around in NEW Dept and Used dept. Also you can call them and salesman on the phone will be MORE helpful since he/she will answer your Qs on the spot and NOT have you wait for people to respond.
good luck and welcome to photography

haha yea im not tryin to get people to go shopping for me. ive been lookin around ALOT in the past week and i was wishfully thinking you guys on here would post a miricle price. Sounds like ill be stickin with a point and shoot for now. Once i get more serious and learn the tricks of the trade ill upgrade. Thanks for the help

no no,
go with slr but here's the story, UNLESS u going with used, ur looking at LEAST $500.
Thats y i told u to call the store, bc they can work with your price and give you 3rd party lens. it'll be better then PS and good enough to start u of in slrs

There's no reason not to go used to get into the "game". You can pick up a used D50 or even a D70s for around $350 with a kit lens. Look on your local craigslist or even ebay. Only thing to watch for is the shutter count. I'd try to find something with less than about 10-15,000 shutter clicks and you should be fine.

Most reactions

Back