DSLR users...

Of course, film is still a fantastic thing to use, and beautiful, and in my eyes, still what true photographs are made of.

Until it is impossible to get film, I will always also shoot with it!

I see no advange to use film instead of digital.
If there are, please enlighten me!
I like digital better than film for many reasons:

1) You can see the pic right after you take it!
2) Download to comp and edit or print!
3) don't waste money on developing film!
4) This list can go on, but these are my reasons! :)

i would like to shoot with film, but im afraid that it costs too much to buy and develop the film, and i cant always get it developed right away (lack of drivers' license/car) so i dont no if what im doing is wrong until i get them developed which could be weeks or months :roll:

100% digital here

I would love to shoot film and do darkroom stuff, I think I'd like it. But I don't have the money, time, access to darkroom or any other resource to shoot film... besides for the sake of it and artistic reasons...

So... digital wins... (with me)

cmptrdewd said:
I see no advange to use film instead of digital.
If there are, please enlighten me!
I like digital better than film for many reasons:

1) You can see the pic right after you take it!
2) Download to comp and edit or print!
3) don't waste money on developing film!
4) This list can go on, but these are my reasons! :)

try shooting medium and large format film, especially low iso professional film, and compare that print, slide or enlargement to digital. you should see a huge difference in clarity and overal quality.

md

To Jack's Insatiable Desire for Big Prints:
How many prints larger than 13*19 do you have on your walls?

DocFrankenstein said:
To Jack's Insatiable Desire for Big Prints:
How many prints larger than 13*19 do you have on your walls?

it doesnt matter how many big prints i have on my walls. look at one and see the difference for yourself.

Digital doesnt even come close to velvia, in my opinion.

md

What would be the purpose of doing that? I am happy with Rebel and 13*19 it gives me and I don't print larger than that.

And if you want to compare medium format to digital... why not throw a 20MP hasselblad digital back into equation?

Cheers and end of debate...

ARG...

I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue... I don't care enough to argue...

:roll:

good talkin to ya...i guess...and here i thought this was a friendly exchange of OPINIONS.

ajmall, sorry for turning your thread into a pissing match. but whatever you dont ask anything about canon VS nikon!!!! :wink:

md

no no... I didn't mean for you to take it personally. It's good talking to you too... It's just it's been debated so much... so many articles about it on the net... etc... I just don't feel like continuing.

And I agree with you. Medium format and super small grain film are nice...

Happy holidays :D

I don't remember who and don't remember the thread but they said it best with; it doesn't matter what tool you use for your art it's the art in the tools you use. Well they didn't say exactly that but it's what I got from what they said. There is a certain quality that comes with film (35 or medium or any) combined with the darkroom experience that cannot be matched by digital. However, most of us know that any shot will be digitized for a number of reasons. Personal preference I guess. I think what it comes down to is what is right for you. What do you want to do with your photos? Answer that and I think you have won your own battle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back