DSLR Verses Iphone

There isn't any reason you could not build a business around a good quality cell phone camera. There are basically two problems:

Some kinds of photos can't be made with a cell phone camera, so the business you build has to not include those pictures. This is not really an impediment since you probably want a niche anyways. But it does mean that your existing biz most likely cannot be converted.

Credibility. A big part of the giant black camera is that people assume you know what you're doing if you're waving one of these things around. Honestly there is probably an untapped market in bolt on accessories that don't do anything but make your camera look more impressively huge.

Does anybody recall the New York Yankees licensing a bunch of team pics done for the 2012 season? In a bathroom at the stadium, and made with....an iPhone.... [Shocking] Getty licenses Nick Laham Photographs Of NY Yankees Taken With iPhone

Brilliant, loved looking through these. We all know you cant blow Iphone photos to billboard size but hay most people don't want to either. Just goes to show that a good photography eye is really whats needed and not all about the most expensive gear. Having said that I wont be giving up with my Nikon d7000 just yet :)

Is that a real competition or versus?
the only reason that the results are so close is that the IPhone is more profissional with its camera- no fens!

The images from your D7000 are underexposed.

I guess what I'm saying is if your images with the D7000 were properly exposed, the differences would be much less.

I guess what I'm saying is if your images with the D7000 were properly exposed, the differences would be much less.

Please feel free to edit, would be good to see what you come up with

Most reactions

New Topics

Back