DSLR

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Which camera do you think would be the best camera to have growing space and wide variety of lenses plus best bang for the buck. I take sports shots and stationary's. You can see some on my webshots. Some I have been looking at. Sony DSLR A200, Nikon D40, Olympus E-420, Pentax KD100. Those are the ones I have been focusing on, I would get the extra zoom lens for all of them. Any other suggestions? I have also heard that I should wait and get more money to afford a d80 would you suggest that? Or get a more advanced used slr? Thanks

The thing to would be to go to a store and hold them all, look at where the buttons are, and see how the camera feels, Choosing a brand is a personal thing. I personally went for canon because thats what my old advanced point and shoot was, I went with the 30d instead of one of the rebels because I was worried that I would want to upgrade sooner Im glad I spent the extra money-but really the decision is yours

Do some research and make your decision based on fact instead of opinion. Only you can decide which camera is best for you and no one here will be able to tell you any different.

I can only speak from experience - Canon and Nikon have a lot of different lens choices and both are comparable in price. Go play with the cameras in the store and decide that way. Ask lots of questions in the store about specifics and don't be afraid to shoot some test shots in the store.

Ok that what I have been hearing. I hope to get to a store this week and finalize my decision. This search has been taking up way too much of my life lol. Thanks

I hate to be "that guy" - you know, the guy that gives really general answers that lead to absolutely no conclusion and only make you frustrated but honestly, if I told you to go buy a Nikon D80 and another guy told you to go get a Canon XSI, would that really make your decision any easier? The best possible way to make a decision this big is to educate yourself by researching the hell out of each camera and going to the store and get some hands on time with each one. Good luck with your search.

I would not worry too much about the body of the camera - it is at the bottom the quality order. First and foremost are the skills of the user. Secondly there is the lens (glass) on the camera and lastly the body.
A bottom end canon Reble (350D) with top end canon lenses is able to stand on par with high end bodies. Granted the high end bodies will give a better shot overall, but the glass is a big factor

I would not worry too much about the body of the camera - it is at the bottom the quality order. First and foremost are the skills of the user. Secondly there is the lens (glass) on the camera and lastly the body.
A bottom end canon Reble (350D) with top end canon lenses is able to stand on par with high end bodies. Granted the high end bodies will give a better shot overall, but the glass is a big factor

But my biggest problem sports because i shoot mostly sports and the E-420 is fast (3.5fps) for those range cameras but the "limited" selection I have heard about from others is what draws me away from it. If I think that I probably wouldn't buy other lenses other and the 14-42 and the 40-150mm do you think the E-420 is a good bang for the buck?

also look into what lenses are available (new AND used) for the brand you're buying into. My brother bought a d40 , had it for a couple months and sold it for a Sony a100 because the only usable (autofocus and metering) lenses for the d40 were new lenses, since no used nikon lenses had a built in motor. Sony's system has almost all Minolta AF lenses available to use as well as current sony lenses. Canon is the same for the most part as well since they havent changed their lenses in a long time either. But i'm not saying that you should buy one of those, just consider that if you're budget conscious

Most reactions

Back