DSLRs getting smaller?

Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone else loves the feel of having a big, bulkly SLR body in their hands. I really hope they dont reduce in size.... it would be a shame i think. But i guess as the sensors they put in have to have more power as they progress, they'll continue to be large. Just felt i had to say that :D!

Even back in the 70's-80's I had to pick my SLR carefully. I started with a good old Zenit, so no problem there. Then I went to the Pentax K1000. Tried my mates ME Super, not a chance! Way too small for my paws. That's why I love my old Nikon F301, it's a heavy large-ish beast! Modern camera's defdinitely don't have appeal for me with their reduced size.

Cheers, Lol

If it fits comfortably in my hands and does what I want I don't care how small. There are some instances I wish I had a small point and shoot since it is a lot less intrusive or noticable when shooting making candid shots a heck of a lot easier to get. A big camera with lens tends to stick out =p

lol, agree here! My Zenit is a huge old thing, but i love to feel all the weight of it... feels like a real slr :D
my point and shoot is smaller than the palm of my hand... it's practical, but i totally prefer the huge and heavy zenit.
*hugs the zenit*

Fate said:
I was wondering if anyone else loves the feel of having a big, bulkly SLR body in their hands. I really hope they dont reduce in size.... it would be a shame i think. But i guess as the sensors they put in have to have more power as they progress, they'll continue to be large. Just felt i had to say that :D!

I do like something large in my hands!

Rob

I think you're right....as technology advances, everything shrinks!! I mean, you can barely dial numbers on cell phones anymore...I have tiny fingers and I still sometimes poke 2 buttons at once.

I have the 350D and do not feel the need for more bulk or a battery pack or anything. I like it, it fits my little hands, I don't need to "look and feel professional..." ;) I just like to get good results. If someone says "whoa, nice camera," well then that's just an added bonus ;) My Dad has a 3 year old D60 and combined with his huge Sigma lens it's a monster. I actually like my more diminutive 350D, but any smaller and most people's fingers would be smashed between the grip and the lens barrel :lol:

I can span an octave +3 and I am completely incapable of taking a picture with something small, so.... you pick something that fits your hands

Rob

Fate said:
good to see people agree :D Do you recon there will still be big ones around next year lol.... thats when im going to get a DSLR..... they better not be the size of my little finger by then!
by next year you'll be able to stick them to your eyelid and connect them to your brain.

that gets me wondering: all the leicas, zenits, practicas, zorkis and stuff... why aren't they produced anymore? :(
it's not like they're expensive to make and it's not like no one would buy them... i would, anyways.
huge dslr's never die :headbang:

i have the rebel xt and i find it a bit small for my long fingers. after adding the batter grip, i find it more pleasant to hold and adds a little bit of weight for stability when i'm holding it. however i do like the option of just using it on it's own without the grip, but i do like the extra battery in the grip for extended photoshoots.

Most reactions

Back