DSLRs getting smaller?

Rob said:
I do like something large in my hands!
Man that's dirty...

For some reason, when I have my SLR, people tend to take me more seriously than when I use my point & shoot. Of course, if I'm taking photos where it's not appropriate, people also take notice faster.

i dont think they are that small i have old film cameras that are smaller though i am ready to get a bater grip thnger to ad weght and better life i wich i could ahave a d2x for the fell but thats also a dream camera but ifa d2h wert so low in resolution i would get it over my camera or aover a d 200 just for the fell
yes i am a nikon person

keller said:
Man that's dirty...

For some reason, when I have my SLR, people tend to take me more seriously than when I use my point & shoot. Of course, if I'm taking photos where it's not appropriate, people also take notice faster.

Would people notice this?

mammoth2.jpg

lol........look at that bad boy!
I think build should be a consideration when buying a new camera. You need one that feels right in your hands. When i bought my D50 i was considering the 350d but it did feel too small for me and didn't feel solid enough. That said the D50 isn't as big as the D70 or any of the more expensive cameras in the Nikon range. But i'm happy with the medium size of the D50 - apart from when the sd card door keeps sliding open!

Soemthing that troubles me is the the size of the Nikon FM/FE. Theyr'e described as compact SLR's, but just how compact? I've got no chance of getting my hands on one before buying where I live so it's a bit of a risk.

Alexandra, I think they probably stopped making the Zenit's etx because sales fell due to :

1) their getting a slating in the photography mags

2) being perceived as "cheap, beginners cameras"

3) sales dropping as a result of the above.

personally speaking, get one of these digital junkies whov'e never used a film slr before and hand them a Zenit E with a separate hand held meter and say "go shoot some stuff. see how it turns out and let's see just what you understand about photography".
In fact it should be the law! No photography unless youv'e got your "Zenit handling" certificate!!!

Cheers, Lol

Lol999 said:
Soemthing that troubles me is the the size of the Nikon FM/FE. Theyr'e described as compact SLR's, but just how compact? I've got no chance of getting my hands on one before buying where I live so it's a bit of a risk.

I've handled and owned both and they're fine for me, and I've got big hands. They're nowhere near as small as say a 350D, it's more that they're a different shape. They're quite thin, only a bit thicker than a film canister. They're about the same width as a normal smallish SLR, and about as deep as a normal hand.

Rob

Lol999 said:

Alexandra, I think they probably stopped making the Zenit's etx because sales fell due to :

1) their getting a slating in the photography mags

2) being perceived as "cheap, beginners cameras"

3) sales dropping as a result of the above.

personally speaking, get one of these digital junkies whov'e never used a film slr before and hand them a Zenit E with a separate hand held meter and say "go shoot some stuff. see how it turns out and let's see just what you understand about photography".
In fact it should be the law! No photography unless youv'e got your "Zenit handling" certificate!!!

Cheers, Lol
so true!
I learned photography with one of these... it's friggin heavy and i had to get used to it... no wonder i can now get clear handheld shots with the point and shoot :)
I might be a bit oldschool on this, but for me the "essence" of photography is still in the huge slr's which make an art of just holding them...

i think that the smaller the slr, the less camera shake. but that argument could actually go both ways...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back