DSRL Classes : Live/Online Forum/Elsewhere ?

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.livegigshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have decided that I need more guidance than what I am getting currently if I am going to improve my shooting and editing skills. I have received phenomenal "Instant" help from a TPF member (During a shoot).

My question. Should I:

1) look @ community photo classes (LIVE)
2) Locate an Online class
a. pay on line site
b. get into a class on TPF (???)

Currently I am reading Digital Photography for Dummies, 3 Songs, No Flash, D90 Extended Handbook and all the you tube material that deals with D90.

Thanks,
jorge

Frankly, I think you can learn everything from books and people here, rather than paying for classes. There are a few good books that have "projects" in them that relate to the chapter, I can't remember them right now though.

What are you looking for help with specifically? I know you shoot a lot of concert images. Do you need help with working in low light situations? Are you looking to learn about composition? Do you learn well from books, or are you a more hands on (live) learner?

Frankly, I think you can learn everything from books and people here, rather than paying for classes. There are a few good books that have "projects" in them that relate to the chapter, I can't remember them right now though.

What are you looking for help with specifically? I know you shoot a lot of concert images. Do you need help with working in low light situations? Are you looking to learn about composition? Do you learn well from books, or are you a more hands on (live) learner?
White balance, ISO, which means understanding how they work when using P or M. Also need to learn my lens as they relate to ISO. I skim books to locate the information I need. I learn by doing, but need a reference close by. As you said, need to learn the D90.TPF has helped me via PM's from a seasoned member. I am @ that confused stage, thus the post.
Thanks,
jorge

Last edited:
Did you get the book "understanding exposure"? This book makes sense of the exposure triangle, in easy terms, and most readers experience that "ah hah" moment after reading it. Exposure is complicated, but oddly simple, once you get that "ah hah" moment. Did you try getting into Dominantly's "school"? This is for that more formal, small group learning, that is more effective than everyone throwing stuff at you on a forum.

My group is for those that have the basic understanding of exposure, and focuses on creative thinking. Dom's projects, I believe, focus on learning exposure, in different lighting situations. The latter is where I think you are at.

Most reactions

Back