Dubai and Jordan suggestions needed

VigilanteFoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am planning a trip to Dubai and Jordan for February and need suggestions.

What is an absolute not to miss?
Suggestions on how to get around easily.
Right now all I have booked is my airfare to/from Dubai for 9 days (sorry, I cant do more days).
I am thinking Dubai for 4 days (including 1 night in the desert and 1 day in Abu Dhabi) and Jordan for 3 days (including flying from/to Dubai so 1 full day at Petra) and then 2 days back in Dubai upon returning from Jordan. The trip to Jordan is so I can see Petra.
What lenses should I bring (Nikon D610 user and Sony NEX-7)?

I was going to say, "OOH you can go see Petra!" but I see you have that covered. :)

What an amazing trip, wow.

There's a kind of museum in Dubai that's in a traditional Arabic style building that's worth seeing. Also get out into the desert too, the dunes can be amazing. We sandboarded down them which as pretty cool. The highlight for me though was taking a racing spec 4x4 up the dunes, that was a blast. The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque was worth a visit and the sail building. It's mostly just shopping malls and stuff though, lots of building (the people in the UK were mostly nomadic up until about 30 years ago so despite a long and rich history there's little to see). Abu Dhabi was less built than Dubai but good food good people and it was a good stay. Also remember you are not in the west anymore (though it's easy to forget).

Mucho jealous about Petra though, we were over for a wedding so didn't manage to make it there however I did manage to be probably the only person in a kilt and a bonnie prince Charlie jacket in a whole country at that time (which raised a few eyebrows) but that's just what we Scots do at weddings

Last edited:
Make sure Jordan is safe now with all that ISIS craziness going on at their borders. Really jealous, I wish I could see Dubai but my Israeli passport just won't get me in :/

Be careful pointing a camera at locals some of them react in a spectacular manner.

Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, Burj Khalifa in Dubai (early morning to avoid crowds). Desert is stunning with sunrise / sunset.

The old town areas are worth a walk around.

Enjoy

Most reactions

Back