Duck Series. :)

sorry ... errr .. not a duck. hahahaa

When is a duck not a duck? Why, when it's a seagull of course! ;) Nice series, but I think a tighter crop on the bird and his supper would make them even stronger.

you mean for all of them?

Yes, I'd crop them all the same, removing [approximately] the top half and the LH half.

I agree. The focus is on the bird eating that starfish, pretty cool capture...the extra, especially on top...to me is not necessary.

so ignore the thirds?

if you halved top and halved bottom as Iron suggested, it should still be in thirds. at times you can break the rules as well...all dependent on the shot. I would almost want to see the foliage on the bottom...however that may put bird right in middle...I am guessing which is why he suggested halving the bottom as well.

Your thingy doesn't say if pics are ok or not to edit...so I hope this don't offend.

This kinda crop still follows the rot's. Just to give you an idea...certainly do it how you like it. It's yours afterall. :=_

I noticed that the bird isn't quite in focus after zooming, and I brought down the saturation a hair as well and left a bit of foliage. Still a neat pic though.

$starfish1.jpg

i think 1105 was the bluriest so maybe i'll leave that one normal

The only real difference in mine and yours was you didn't pull in the left side of the pic to compensate, with that much dead space, try to make your image be within the right 2/3 of the image rather than the right 1/3, since there is nothing exciting to look at over there; and I did a bit of adjusting for the highlights kill..saturation kill...etc. Oh, and I left a little more on the top so you can see the full wave, not a cut wave as you have. I figured if we give them something to look at, might as well be the full thing..since we are only talking about centimeter at that point...if that. ;-)

Being new I understand it's hard to control emotion sometimes when you see something kinda cool. I guess, in time, we'll get better at it. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back