Duck

reedjam99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photosto40.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot this over the weekend at our local park. Not sure what kind of duck it is to be honest, I'm not big on identifying birds :) C&C welcome.

4907975796_f31b7df681_z.jpg

I believe that is a female mallard. Not a bad shot, maybe a little tighter crop though.

+1 for female mallard.

I only wish the grass wasn't blocking some of her.

- Maura

+1 for female mallard.

I only wish the grass wasn't blocking some of her.

- Maura

You and me both ;) I tried to reposition a bit to avoid the grass, but she didn't like that too much and moved into the water. I'll be going back for more shots this weekend though, so I'll try again.

You and me both ;) I tried to reposition a bit to avoid the grass, but she didn't like that too much and moved into the water.
Recycle bin then. TBH, this is a duff shot. We all have them, so don't get worried. Just go out again and hope / expect for better results next time.

You and me both ;) I tried to reposition a bit to avoid the grass, but she didn't like that too much and moved into the water.
Recycle bin then. TBH, this is a duff shot. We all have them, so don't get worried. Just go out again and hope / expect for better results next time.

Anything besides the grass obstruction that makes it a duff? I'd like to fix as many things in one go as I can.

Anything besides the grass obstruction that makes it a duff? I'd like to fix as many things in one go as I can.
Sadly for this shot.... no, it's done.

The only consolation I can offer is patience on your part. That and proper photographic techniques. Oh yeah..... be a ninja and creep up on their ass. It really is a combination of things. There is not a silver bullet. Patience really is a virtue when shooting wildlife.

other ducks​

704650541_PqPnK-XL.jpg

595939386_WWKu6-XL.jpg

595939427_TSd8J-XL.jpg

These aren't great, but show a variety of PoVs. Sometimes (often even) you have to crawl on your belly like a King snake.​

Heh, no, I didn't mean fix in this shot. I meant is there anything else wrong in this shot that I ought to make sure not to do the next time around ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back