Ducks & Geese. I touched one!

Lisa Chapman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went back out now I am off of my crutches! I had a blast. I took everything you have all told me and... These are the shots I got. I really like the ones of the ducks. I watched them for a long time. It was great!

These two remind me of an old married couple just sat watching the world go by together.. awww.

Such a shame the foliage is in her face but, it was worth capturing anyway. She almost fell over. Cute lil duck butt!

On to the Geese! I touched one. I was sat with them for so long. I got close and closer and thought why not? The worst that can happen is it bites me, be my own fault and it can't be any worse than the horse I was bitten by when I worked with them. It just sat there and let me. Calm as it was before. So awesome!

Looks like a statue no? LOL

As you can tell, I had a blast!

Great collections. Very beautifully captured the images.

Nice set! I love the second one! :)

Thank you! I think this is the first set of shots I didn't want to just toss in the garbage LOL.

Thank you! I think this is the first set of shots I didn't want to just toss in the garbage LOL.

The better you get, the downfall is throwing away. You'll increase the keepers but even the best have a "low" keeper rate.
As you go on you'll see what I mean. Takes time but every time I learned something I feel it.
Any advice I can give you is remember your shots you take. Remember the light and remember the angle of the light hitting your subject. Then, when you look at your photos, look at your settings. Your iso, shutter speed, and f stop.
Take all that in and see the mistakes. Ask others for advice and go from there.
All of the above, especially the light is going to be different every time you go out, for the most part. So the more often you go out making adjustments, the more it will help you.
My advice for these photos- try to have the light behind you at around 45 degree angle, so you may have a better outcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back