"Dump Site" 1st composed image with my New Canon

RickyN29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Now that I finally have a camera worth trying to photograph with, I am here for insight.

Subject:

I was taking a drive north and pulled over for a break, it is a refinery town, very dirty all together, and I felt this somewhat captured the mood.

Let me know what you think.

319841copy_of_lake_county_136_800x600.jpg

1/1000 f/4.5 Sepia Canon S1 IS

Many thanks!

Its nice. I would have liked it more if there wasnt the dump site and just the telephone wires.

I like the composition alot, the telephone lines help lead your eye through the shot...I think the trash adds to it. You may try and rotate just hair to straighten the telephone poles up completely vertical and to level out the horizon...but's it pretty close IMO. The sepia tone is interesting, but I wonder what the color and black and white versions of this would look like. I think a broader variety of tones and colors could help improve this :) All in all nice work for your first composed image with you new camera, good choice with a Canon by the way ;)

Please read the forum guidlines before posting. Please be specific as to what you would like us to comment on. Thanks.

Well as for why I choose the sepia tone... It was about 100 degrees, the smog was so thick that the sky was practically a sepia tone all on its own. I think the color really helped convey the feeling of myself, the photographer.

Thanks for the comments

I like the photo, but the sepia tone is a little too bright for me. I'd go with a darker sepia.

...was it in-camera sepia? I have a Canon A95 and the sepia toning is very harsh. I have to do all of my sepia in photoshop.

The composition and the content grabs me. This image evokes plenty of thought. It reminds me of people--the elderly, the homeless, the wasted, the lost and discarded. The gait is symbolic of the the obsticles that keep the main society separate and apart.

A righteous capture, my friend

Yeah, it as the built in Sepia on the camera. I adjusted it a little with software after and got some desirable effects, but I wanted to post it as I shot it since I figured that was the real photo.

----

Thanks canonrebel for the comments, much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back