Dunno where else to post this

zubin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
but my nikon d80 isnt taking pics and is displaying "F--" and "r06" when trying to take pics in progammed auto mode....

halp?!

Was it working before? Did you start using a new lens or take the lens off and put it back on?

From a quick search, "r06" apparently is not an error message, it is how many shots are remaining in the buffer of your camera i.e. it will take 6 photos before the buffer runs out.

As for the shutter not releasing, are you using an old lens? Certain lenses, such as Nikkor AI, don't have CPUs built into them, meaning you can only use them in Manual mode on certain cameras (The D200 and above allow metering with non-CPU lenses).

hmm, weird....it seems to be working now

and the lens isnt too old....its just the stock 18-135mm that came with the d80. Only time its happened and it was in programmed auto mode, it worked alright in manual.

weird. Thanks anyways!

Does your lens have an aperature ring on it? If it does, you may have to slide it all the way to max or min aperature (can't remember if it's the same on all lenses) and lock it there. (obviously it works now, but it would be good to know what you did so you don't get stuck later)

my friends camera had the same problem but it said f EE. i got on nikon.com and downloaded the manual, went to troubleshooting and it was right there.
just like manaheim said, i had to take the lens off and turn the aperature ring to the minimum (f11).

i am personally a canon user, and none of my lenses have an aperature ring on them. what is the point of them? to limit your aperature??

my friends camera had the same problem but it said f EE. i got on nikon.com and downloaded the manual, went to troubleshooting and it was right there.
just like manaheim said, i had to take the lens off and turn the aperature ring to the minimum (f11).

i am personally a canon user, and none of my lenses have an aperature ring on them. what is the point of them? to limit your aperature??

They're there so you can use them on cameras that cannot control aperature electronically.

Most reactions

Back