Dusk at Tahoe

David84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this picture this past January while we were in Tahoe... Came across it today and wanted to share for C&C.

4058584001_3dde522b0c_b.jpg

Thanks,

David

Sweet :D Things I would change: The angle is off and the rule of thirds more sky less black, would make this a winner for me.

Love the color. I think I might have liked to see something a hair earlier so it wasn't so much a silhouette, but then again it might have taken away from the mood of the shot.

Last edited:
Very nice scilouette of the mountains with reflection is a bonus. Nice how the rocks in the water help to break up the shot into sections but not as a distraction.

Great shot... I wouldn't change a thing...

Sweet :D Things I would change: The angle is off and the rule of thirds more sky less black, would make this a winner for me.

Hi ocular,

What do you mean by the angle is off?

Also - rule of thirds .... the horizon is at the top 2/3 of the photo.... as is the rock in the water is 2/3 on the right on the photo.... Are you saying you would rather have 2/3 sky and 1/3 water?

-David

Thanks all for the positive comments! Pharmakon - you're right... it took away from the shot in my view.... I tried to add a bit of light for detail but it just wasn't "doing it for me"....

- David

Very cool picture. The color is amazing! Great job!

Great shot. I would like to see less water, more sky (just IMHO). Could see this as a picture hanging on someones wall. Heck, even as wallpapers for the desktop.

Thanks again all, for those wishing for more sky and less water... Unfortunately I framed the shot this particular way, right now it's cropped to about 75% of original picture, but if I were to crop it down more so it had more sky and less water...it would be like 20% of the original picture...and look horrible....I'll keep it in mind for next time though :)

-David

Love the color. I think I might have liked to see something a hair earlier so it wasn't so much a silhouette, but then again it might have taken away from the mood of the shot.

Pharmakon - Your comment got me thinking and looking through the series. Here's one from a different angle and a bit earlier...

Let mek now your thoughts!

-David

4065085025_269381827d_b.jpg

wow! great shot I love the colours in it!

Good work :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back