Dust in viewfinder Canon 40D

Dryfly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello friends,

As suggested above, the dust is in the viewfinder, when I change lens, it is still there so not on the lenses. It does not show on the images, so not on the sensor? So where is it?? How did it get there and how do I get rid of it?? would appreciate any help, thanks.

well i have dust in my d60s viewfinder too but people on this forum suggested that as long it doesnt appear on the image that i should forget about it and leave it. i actually did and i barely notice it. if you really wanna get it out and find a solution please post it.

Ummm, post it too where? I mentioned I was curious as to how it got there and how to get rid of it.

Dust in the viewfinder is annoying but harmless. When you fire a shot, the mirror flips up to let the light from the lens, hit the sensor directly. So anything on the mirror or pentamirror or viewfinder, won't show up in the images.

As for how it got there...I don't know....but it's not an air tight system so dirt & dust can and do work their way in.

Getting it out can be tricky because you don't want to remove the debris from there and have it get onto the sensor. I'd suggest trying a bulb blower and trying to blow it out.

Of course, the camera could be partially disassembled and cleaned but that's pretty invasive just for some harmless dirt.

Thanks very much Big Mike. Great advice and much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back